Aston Kaanapali Shores
US$259
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$249
Official Website
US$549
Westin.com
US$319
US$245
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$315
Royal Kahana(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$222
Cancelon
2,710 results
All reviewsthe beach club restaurantfull kitchengrocery storealoha suitegarden poolocean viewamenity feewasher and dryerstrip mallbedroom condoon site restaurantjava jazzparking feetennis courtsper daybeautiful groundsfitness center
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We booked through Hotwire's Blind discount rate and could not have been happier. The place was top notch and the staff was friendly and helpful. Having the beach right on the resort was the icing on the cake. Our stay was in November on 2011 and would happily go back.

Room Tip: Room in the corner is slightly larger, plus an ocean view without the up charge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ctallen27
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our first trip to Maui and we couldnt have picked a better place to stay. The motel was great, the staff where so friendly and helpful nothing was to big a deal. Our room was great, it was very large, very clean and had a great kitchen. The view from our room was nice and the motel grounds were very well kept. The beach was fine and the pools/spa were also very good and clean and we had plenty of towels. The restaurant was very nice and the food was good we never had a bad meal there. The location of the motel was also very good as it had a great supermarket across the road, subway and a couple of other food shops. there was also a very very popular and great pizza shop there as well. A car is a must on Maui. Over all a great stay (9 days) and we will be back....thanks

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bx203
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice resort. I agree that I was overwhelmed by all the paperwork I received at check in, but I won't complain about potentially helpful Information. the 2 bedroom was very nice and perfect for our large family. The beach is nice, but be sure to bring water shoes as it is rocky in the water. I do wish there was more shaded seating at the beach and by the large pool. I can't be in the sun much and would appreciate some umbrellas and beach chairs (other than the lanais you have to pay for). All the employees we dealt with were friendly and the room was very clean (this is the #1 most important thing to me). I only left with one negative feeling: we had a situation in the middle of the night and informed the staff. They took care of it immediately the next morning and we even received immediate follow-up calls. All this was great EXCEPT not once did we hear the words "we apologize". We were informed of what was done, but never got a simple apology for the situation and inconvenience. I am a former hotel front office manager for Marriott, and I would have apologized and sent a gesture of some sort (credited account for something, sent fruit, etc.). This surprised me. Overall though, a nice hotel. We enjoyed the free hula show on Wednesday night (not enough seating though...get to the pool early).
pool early).

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank landpilots
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was our first trip to Maui. I'd say that overall our seven nights stay at this hotel was very good. Location is great - across from the hotel is L&L Bar-B-Q which we loved and Times Supermarket where we were able to buy our breakfast items and toiletries. The room that we got was 910 (the pent house floor) and had the ocean view as I had specifically requested. The staff members were all courteous and friendly. One minor comment I have to make though is about the towels. Some of the replacement towels had stains on them which made them look dirty and there was that one day when the cleaning person came in the morning as we were on our way out - she was there for less than ten minutes, I heard her spray something in the bathroom and then after that she said, she was done. But I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms could mean partial view. So if it is your first visit to Maui just like ours, make sure you request for full ocean view just like the room we got.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MaxiT993
Reviewed July 24, 2012

There are a lot of positive reviews for this, so I'm not going to recap everything that is good about this place. In short, the location is great, the pools are wonderful, and the room that we (eventually) stayed in was clean, well-maintained and had a great view.

This could have been a truly awesome stay but for a couple a minor and major problems. We booked a one bedroom with an ocean view. Be warned: there are two types of one bedroom units. The first unit we got was on the south side of the complex (room 746). We arrived very late and were pretty disappointed with our room, which didn't look like the pictures on the internet at all. The bedroom faced the parking lot, and had a teeny window at the top of the wall which let in no light. The mattress felt like a sack of potatoes and smelled funky. The bathroom was tiny and run down, had peeling paint, missing grout etc. The whole unit was run down and depressing. Since we got there late, we called the next morning to complain. To their credit, they moved us to a unit on the north side of the complex (room 611), which was larger, better maintained and actually looked like the pictures on the internet. I think they shouldn't charge the same amount for the two different kinds of rooms because they are not even in the same class. So be sure and specify that you want the larger one bedroom unit on the north side. Overall, I rated the rooms at 3 because our first room was a 1 and our second was a 5.

The second problem that we had was with housekeeping. Like most people here, we got up pretty early and went to bed pretty early. After a day outside, we would head back to the room around 3 or 3:30 to shower up and head out to dinner. 4 out the 6 days we were here, our room wasn't clean by 3 pm. Ironically, on one of days they showed up early, they didn't give us a complete set of towels so I still had to wait 30 minutes to bring the towels so I could shower. 30 minutes? Really? Most days we were lucky if the room got cleaned by 3:30, but it was usually closer to 4.

One bright spot of our stay was Gary, the pool waiter, who is not only a hoot but also seems to understand customer service. If they had a staff full of Garys, this place would be running like clockwork. This place was hit or miss on other small things too (internet, restaurant). I'm on the fence as to whether we would return.

• Stayed: July 2012
2BFair, Manager at Aston Kaanapali Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

We were glad to read that these guests were provided with a unit that met or exceeded their expectations the day after they arrived and that they enjoyed their stay overall. We appreciated their feedback regarding the unit first assigned them and have sent our service team to assess the maintenance and housekeeping needs. We maintain a high standard when it comes to quality control and will look into how this unit potentially slipped through the cracks, as it is not at all representative of our overall conditions. Mahalo.