2,790 results
All reviews the beach club restaurant full kitchen grocery store aloha suite garden pool ocean view washer and dryer strip mall bedroom condo pools and hot tubs on site restaurant java jazz parking fee tennis courts per day times supermarket fitness center
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was our second stay at the Ka'anapali Shores in Maui and once again we had a great time there. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Very nice and clean rooms, beach is great for us (I know some don't like it, but we do), pool is great, and the food at the restaurant is fantastic. Snorkeling off the beach here is great, lots of different fish and other critters. We will be planning our next Maui vacation here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OADiver
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We booked through Hotwire's Blind discount rate and could not have been happier. The place was top notch and the staff was friendly and helpful. Having the beach right on the resort was the icing on the cake. Our stay was in November on 2011 and would happily go back.

Room Tip: Room in the corner is slightly larger, plus an ocean view without the up charge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ctallen27
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our first trip to Maui and we couldnt have picked a better place to stay. The motel was great, the staff where so friendly and helpful nothing was to big a deal. Our room was great, it was very large, very clean and had a great kitchen. The view from our room was nice and the motel grounds were very well kept. The beach was fine and the pools/spa were also very good and clean and we had plenty of towels. The restaurant was very nice and the food was good we never had a bad meal there. The location of the motel was also very good as it had a great supermarket across the road, subway and a couple of other food shops. there was also a very very popular and great pizza shop there as well. A car is a must on Maui. Over all a great stay (9 days) and we will be back....thanks

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bx203
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice resort. I agree that I was overwhelmed by all the paperwork I received at check in, but I won't complain about potentially helpful Information. the 2 bedroom was very nice and perfect for our large family. The beach is nice, but be sure to bring water shoes as it is rocky in the water. I do wish there was more shaded seating at the beach and by the large pool. I can't be in the sun much and would appreciate some umbrellas and beach chairs (other than the lanais you have to pay for). All the employees we dealt with were friendly and the room was very clean (this is the #1 most important thing to me). I only left with one negative feeling: we had a situation in the middle of the night and informed the staff. They took care of it immediately the next morning and we even received immediate follow-up calls. All this was great EXCEPT not once did we hear the words "we apologize". We were informed of what was done, but never got a simple apology for the situation and inconvenience. I am a former hotel front office manager for Marriott, and I would have apologized and sent a gesture of some sort (credited account for something, sent fruit, etc.). This surprised me. Overall though, a nice hotel. We enjoyed the free hula show on Wednesday night (not enough seating though...get to the pool early).
pool early).

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank landpilots
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was our first trip to Maui. I'd say that overall our seven nights stay at this hotel was very good. Location is great - across from the hotel is L&L Bar-B-Q which we loved and Times Supermarket where we were able to buy our breakfast items and toiletries. The room that we got was 910 (the pent house floor) and had the ocean view as I had specifically requested. The staff members were all courteous and friendly. One minor comment I have to make though is about the towels. Some of the replacement towels had stains on them which made them look dirty and there was that one day when the cleaning person came in the morning as we were on our way out - she was there for less than ten minutes, I heard her spray something in the bathroom and then after that she said, she was done. But I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms could mean partial view. So if it is your first visit to Maui just like ours, make sure you request for full ocean view just like the room we got.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family