2,804 results
All reviews the beach club restaurant full kitchen grocery store aloha suite garden pool ocean view washer and dryer strip mall bedroom condo on site restaurant pools and hot tubs java jazz parking fee tennis courts per day times supermarket beautiful grounds
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Our family travels very large. We were 2 adults, 2 tweens, 2 teens and grandma. The 2 bedroom 2 bath unit housed all of us perfectly. Unit 259 was clean and well stocked. We could not have had a better experience (our 3rd) in Maui. Well, if only the weather would've cooperated...............

Date of stay: November 2008
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I am a travel agent by occupation, so whenever I do get a chance to take a vacation I like to pick destinations and properties that I sell to my clients. My husband and I found the Kaanapali Shores to be most impressive. We had a one bedroom ocean view condo unit. It was spacious, full kitchen facilities, daily maid service, washer/dryer and a very friendly staff. The grounds were immaculate with a wonderful concierge service and we were able to book our whale watch trip and car rental right from the travel agency located at the hotel.
I would recommend that any one booking this property also book a car for your entire stay so that you can come and go and grocery shop at the local stores with ease.
Also, the hotel is located on Kaanapal Beach, so we walked the entire beach down to the Royal Lahaina each day. It was great!
Great for families, wonderful pool area and restaurant. Full service is the word!

Date of stay: April 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

We just returned from our stay at the Kaanapali Shores. We were in a 2-bedroom Ocean Front Aloha Suite (#602). Our room was very nice and very roomy. We had 5 adults and a baby (they brought in a crib) staying and were not crowded at all. The views from our balcony were amazing. Just a few small things..we felt the price we were paying should have included the amenities of the hotel. Having to pay $9 a day to park and $2.50 a day to use the safe in our room was a little pricey. Also, our group would have used the fitness room. However, $10 per day PER PERSON is ridiculous~

Overall, we had a wonderful vacation!!

Reviewed December 27, 2008

My husband, myself and two teeange girls loved our stay at the Kaanapali Shores. We booked directly with ResortQuest and requesed an oceanfront room. I worried about this after some of the reviews talked about run down rooms, but I was very pleased when we checked into room 161. We just walked steps out of our patio and were on the wonderful beach! The view was breathtaking and we were so close to the pool and restaurant that the girls were on their own a lot. The ground were beautifully kept and I can't find one thing to complain about. One of our girls kept saying "I love this place" everytime we went to the store. If you are looking for a quality condo with good amenitites of a resort, this is for you. It's not the "Luxury" version of a condo, but it is "very nice" and I think you will love it. We will definately stay here again, given the opportunity.

1  Thank lovethebeachchris
Reviewed December 26, 2008

My family of 4, including 2 teenagers, stayed in a 2 bdr oceanview unit (#915) from Dec 14 - 22. The unit was very clean, spacious and had a great view. We enjoyed watching the whales every day and saw dolphins and monk seals on a few occasions as well. We walked to black rock every day and I would say that the beach in front of Kaanapali Shores was one of the nicest compared to some of the others along the 2 km stretch of beach. We were expecting 2 twin beds in the second bedroom but there was a double bed. Since we arrived VERY late (thank you Air Canada) we used the pullout couch which proved to be surprisingly comfortable so the kids alternated and it worked out fine. The daily housekeeping was great and the public areas were clean, modern, and well maintained. The free wireless internet was sometimes hard to get a connection but we found that taking the computer to the lanai worked best. I would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a family-oriented, oceanfront property.

1  Thank Consuela604