1,200 results
All reviews maui dreams come true putting green grocery store sea wall ocean front living room shuffle board sandy beach farmers market beautiful grounds tennis courts pools and hot tubs c unit washer and dryer full kitchen koi pond first morning
Reviewed September 10, 2018

From the sloth like front desk team to the over bearing security...this hotel needs to re-think the staffing structure & its policies. I constantly felt intimated by security during our stay with my family for absolutely no reason. The rooms are outdated & tired. They do not know how to manage the hotel guests on holiday & the time share guests as the two different groups have different intentions whilst there. So many rules & regulations that it quickly becomes tiresome. I struggle to say anything positive about my stay, to the point that I hated the experience & wouldn't return if I was paid. Disgusting on so many levels. So many other great hotels nearby that are way cheaper too & in better locations closer to town. I felt ripped off after our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JandS2018
LynMolinaReis, General Manager at Aston at Papakea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Aloha JandS2018,

This experience is certainly not consistent with our commitment to customer satisfaction and we view this as an opportunity for improvement. The safety of our guests, owners, and staff are the utmost importance to us here at the Papapkea Resort. Therefore the rules created by the association for this property is to keep everyone safe and eliminate inconveniences such as noise control. However, I do apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay. Rest assured your comments have been shared with the property management for their information, as well as immediate follow-up where applicable and practical.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

When I plan a trip to Hawaii, I research the heck out of it. Having stayed in the Kihei area of Maui previously, I set my sights on Lahaina area this trip. The Aston Papakea was reasonably priced for my oceanfront studio condo....but, the Murphy fold down bed....Heaven! I had never slept on a Murphy bed and had visions of a fold out sofa bed, but this bed was excellent! I have not slept so well in ages! The condo had a washer/dryer, AC & ceiling fan, free parking, 2 pools and 2 hot-tubs. Housekeeping takes out garbage daily as an extra measure I am sure, to keep pesky pests away which is appreciated. You can walk to the food trucks parked next door for different dinner every night! The "Best Restaurant in Maui" 2018 voted by a local magazine, The Sea House in Napili which also has an excellent Happy Hour, is just a mile or two up the road. I was very satisfied with my decision to make my stay for a week at this location.

Room tip: If you are on a budget and do not have to have oceanfront, pool view will not disappoint
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Diane B

Aloha Diane B,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words of appreciation for the Papakea Resort. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We have just returned from our fabulous trip to hawaii and our 4 night stay at this resort.
We had a fantastic time here, our condo's were in the F block and were perfectly situated on the ground floor so we could just walk out onto the grass and grab our sunbeds. We enjoyed the pool and gardens, all spotlessly clean. It's only a 5 minute walk to bars and shops which was really handy.
Our condo's were lovely and comfortable, all fully equipped with full kitchen, ie washer, drier, etc. We loved it. Highly recommend this place and would go back in a heartbeat

2  Thank Diane P

Aloha Diane P,

We are so glad to hear that we have exceeded your expectation during your previous stay with us at the Papakea Resort. We thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I must return to the Papakea. Since I was a kid in 1970s, my families have always spent time at Maui Sands and Papakea; the two resorts are adjacent. Even though Maui Sands has a quieter, original garden, the Papakea has more to offer. First, there is the convenience of the Front Desk. There is always someone available to help 24 hours a day. It is easy to book with Papakea. The staff around the entire resort are courteous and are willing to help. Second, both the Moloka'i side and Lana'i side mini golf courses, pools, and jacuzzies are immaculate as well as the condos.Third, the Papakea has tennis courts. When the ocean lets you enter, swimming between the two reefs is fun. Finally while standing on Papakea's grass, the viewing of the sunsets and much later the stars is breathtaking.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia W

Aloha Patricia W,

We thank you for your loyalty to the Papakea Resort and also for taking the time to share your review. Our office hours, however, have changed to 6am - 11pm daily, we are more than happy to assist you during that time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future... until then, take care.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

BAbsolutely disgusted with the management here! We recommended this resort to 88 of our wedding guests travelling from NZ, Australia, and UK. 72 of which stayed here. Not one of our guests said they enjoyed their experience here! From the moment each of us checked in, not one of the guests said they got a smile from one staff member! When we checked in the staff member TOLD us we were staying there for 2 weeks and that they will be charging that to our card even though we had booking confirmation for 1 week... this was a system proBlem apparently, however the staff member was making us to believe we had booked wrong! We had emailed months before to request a pool cabana so we can have a small get together with our family and friends staying at the resort, and we were told that it is ‘first-in gets dibs’ ... which is what we did... only to have staff members following us all around the whole time like we were criminals staying here. A security guard issued our grandparents a warning notice (80 years old) as they were chatting amongst themselves in their balcony, which in turn upset or grandmother. My mother-in-law tripped over work that was going on in the car park that wasn’t cordoned off or had any hazard signs which caused her a broken toe, and after talking to a manager about this she was told by a manager to ‘go back to where she came from’, nearly all of our guests were issued warnings, one of our6 year olds was growled off for playing with a ball in the pool with an aunt even though there was no one else in the pool. No music is allowed to be played anywhere in this resort even if it’s quiet music. Alcatraz is probably more accommodating than here! This is disgraceful, and I’m ashamed for recommending g this place. I don’t think Aston at Papakea should ever be recommended to family’s wishing to travel! I’ve told my wedding planner to take this place off her recommendations also. This place of poor management, lack of customer satisfaction and utter disrespect for people was close to ruining what was supposed to be a great holiday and wedding for us!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SimonF2996
LynMolinaReis, General Manager at Aston at Papakea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Aloha Simon F,

Aston is an Off Property Management Company that manages certain amount of units on property. Meaning that Aston does not manage any departments on property such as Security, Grounds, and the Front Desk. We do apologize on behalf of the Papakea Team for the less than satisfactory service you and your party received. However, the House Rules of this property were created for the safety and security of the property as a whole and also to prevent inconveniences to our owners, staff, and guests... unbiased to race or age. Should there be multiple complaints such as noise and partying after quiet hours, it is procedure that our rules are enforced. If maintenance work is being done on property, safety precautions are always followed with caution tape and/or orange cones. We, Aston and Non-Aston, pride ourselves on providing excellent service and we are sorry to hear that this was not the case for you and again greatly apologize on behalf on the entire property of Papakea.