All reviews classic resorts whalers village pool area ocean view quiet pool living room full kitchen herb garden luxury condo second bedroom bbq area tennis courts updated unit square feet black rock daily maid service washer dryer
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great location, beautiful unit, unbelievable view. We were in room 442 and would recommend it highly. This is our third trip, the first two being about 20 years ago. It's even better than I remembered. Love the outdoor grills and eating area. Loved the cabana with TV's to watch the Presidents Cup with other golf fans. Staff was great. Everyone always knew our names. We had family staying next door at the Westin, but most of the time they hung out at the Alii. Such a convenient location. I can't say enough....it was heaven!!!!

Room tip: Building 4 ocean view was great. You get a great view of the ocean and a beautiful view of the pool. The building is set back a bit so it's alway shady. You never have the sun directly in your face, which we really liked.
2  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We've been to the Kaanapali Alli several times and look forward to spending Christmas there this year as well. This is a perfect location and place to stay for families. We are a family of four and the two bedroom two bath units are fantastic! We dont even rent a car as we can walk all around the area and there is so much to offer everyone.

The beach is beautiful and clean. Just walk out front of the Alli and you can swim, surf or just lounge. They have chairs and even Cabanas you can rent for the day. It was a treat for our family to have a cabana for a day while we were there. The pool was recently renovated and is beautiful. They offer both a quiet pool and a family pool. It's great to have options. The pool is open late and they have BBQ's for you to use. They even clean them and have the utensils and all needed. Fantastic!

They offer a concierge service by the pool. Beware of Wendy! She is rude and will quickly talk about the person she just helped as soon as they walk away. I saw and experienced this a few times. If Wendy is working, we go out of our way into the little pantry store and have someone else help us! The lobby is nice and the staff otherwise wonderful!

The workout facility is great and included with the price. The hours are long as well. If you are on Eastern time it's great to get up early and workout before the sunrises! Great early hours! They can even arrange a massage if you ask! Great staff!

Love the ability to use other hotels and charge back to our room. We can even charge at Whalers Village and have it on our room bill when we go home. It's all we could ever ask for! Cant wait to return for the holidays! We've stayed at several places in Hawaii and found this a perfect fit for our family!

Date of stay: September 2011
5  Thank PANJCA
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We have stayed at the Kaanapali Alii many times. This is our first trip back since they renovated the pool area and built a new work out facility. We had a one bedroom 2 bath ocean view unit. The den had been converted into a bedroom so we really had a 2 BR 2 bath unit. The unit(191)was beautifully furnished and had everything we needed when we decided to cook in. The complex has 2 pools and 2 jacuzzis and a nice wading pool for little kids. One of the pools and jacuzzi are designated as "quiet" areas. There is a large outdoor room adjacent to the pool area with two big screen TV's so you don't miss any of the big games. There are plenty of chairs around the pool and at the beach and a pool staff ready to help you. There are several very large barbecue grills near the pool that are meticulously maintained by the staff. KA is close to Whaler's Village where there are many shops and restaurants if you don't want to cook or barbecue.
Kaanapali Alii is perfect for families or couples. We can't wait to come back!

2  Thank TKM15
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We recently returned from our girl's vacation booking 1 premier ocean front and 1 premier 2 bedroom oceanfront. I have been vacationing at this resort for over 15 years with extended family and friends, so I am familiar with many of the rental units. This was the first time we experienced a small but disappointng decline in the units. One unit #464 was lacking kitchen equiptment. The other unit (#482) was also lacking decent kitchen bowls pans ect.and was very out dated. When we mentioned this the next day they did offer to move us, but we were already settled. Overall, the units were clean. Housekeeping was great. I think perhaps the owners have cut back on the quality of furnishings due to the economy?? I can remember staying in some beautifully furnished units, but when I asked if they were available, I was told they were already booked. I will probably return to this resort again, but I will check out the beds,kitchen ect. before settling in.

Room tip: Check out beds for comfort, and be sure kitchen has what you need.
3  Thank garelaine
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Our family of 4, my husband and I and our 2 children, 10 and 8 stayed at the Kaanapali Alli in December 2010. It is absolutely beautiful! The grounds were immaculate and well kept. I wish I could remember the room # we stayed in but cant....We booked through American Express and have no regrets whatsoever. It was a one bedroom with den (which was more like a 2nd bedroom with the sliding doors added for privacy) It was not considered the "premium" room and I was worried but it exceeded my expectations!!! The full size washer and dryer was an absolute lifesaver. I didn't realize how much we would appreciate having it until we were there. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed. Full size stove/oven and fridge. The views were amazing! I know its more expensive but, if its possible, I highly recommend going during whale season. You don't even have to go on a whale watching trip to see them. We were sitting on the beach and glanced out toward the water and a momma and her baby both breached just off the wave break!! AMAZING!!! We watched whales from morning to night. This resort doesn't have a restaurant on site but its easily a 5 minute walk to whalers village for a lg. variety of restaurants to choose from. Oh, almost forgot, go the old Lahaina luau, its the best!

Room tip: We didn't have a full ocean view room but the views from the lanai and the master bedroom were breathtaking!!!!
Date of stay: December 2010