All reviewsclassic resortswhalers villageocean viewpool areaquiet poolliving roomherb gardenfull kitchensecond bedroombbq areatennis courtsupdated unitsquare feetblack rockdaily maid servicelaundry roomwasher dryer
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We booked a two-week stay at the Alii and loved it. There was six of us in a two bedroom plus den with the premier finishes. Some of the appliances did not work, but for the most part everything was in great shape and we had everything we needed for cooking and plenty of hanging out. Our south-facing suite on the 11th floor had views of the mountains and the ocean from the shady lanai. The gym and pool and beach are all great, and the whole place was always quiet and clean. We'll be back I'm sure.

2  Thank Mike025
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I give the Alii 5 stars for being in a great location and having large updated condos with excellent service from the staff. Like everything on Maui, it seemed expensive, even as nice and large as it was. Out "garden view" turned out to be a view of the parking structure but we were offered other rooms and opted not to move. There were a few inconveniences such as the ice maker and the washer were broken! There were some unclean throw rugs in the bathrooms. All of this was remedied quickly by the very attentive and pleasant staff. The grounds and beach are lovely and our room very quiet and comfy. The tennis courts were never crowded and the beach was divine. We loved the outdoor barbecues all set up to use with supplies handy right there. We booked our room through Kay Riley at kay@mauikay.com who was great and helped us get deals on a car and the room. She was super! She was recommended to us by Jon at www.maui.org - a very helpful website!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank PegPDX
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is true vacation heaven. Wonderful large condos for the whole family including full kitchens and more. The property is outstanding and staff goes above and beyond daily. This was our 4th stay at the Alii and we hope to return again.

Room Tip: Upgrading to Premier Rooms and Partial Ocean View is totally worth the extra $$$. Each condo is individually owned and decorated by the owners. Some of the Premier Condos are unbelievable.
1  Thank TravelingCraigs
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Before I get to the some small bad points I will say that the property is gorgeous, the staff is great and the location is perfect! My wife and I stayed there in November of 2011 and we had a standard ocean view 1 bedroom condo. The condos there are huge and 4 people can easily stay in a one bedroom since most of them turn the den into a second bedroom. The standard room was really outdated and very musty and moldy. I have asthma that doesn't really bother me, but I woke up the first night and my chest was tight due to all of the moldy furniture. In the morning I went to the front desk and they switched us to another ocean view room at no charge. This room was one of their premiere rooms and it was amazing!!! It was very recently remodeled and everything inside was fabulous! So if you have a few extra bucks, I would highly recommend premiere rooms over the standards. We had a fabulous time being right on the beautiful Kaanapali Beach! With Black Rock a short walk down the beach, we snorkeled just about everyday. Our room was on the Westin side which has a Luau every other night, so there were times when it was a little on the loud side. All in all it was a great trip and I would definitely stay there again. My only other complaint is there is no bar at the pool. It's not that big of a deal but it would be nice.

Room Tip: Get a premiere room over the standard. Even if you have to downgrade your view it is worth it to have the newly remodeled units.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Anton D
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Booked this condo online after internet search and did not regret if. WEnt for a 2 BR ocean front condo which was everything plus more......spacious, comfy beds and fine linen....everything you would need. Pool area fine and on the BEST bit of Kaanaplai Beach there is. Staff could not have been more helpful. Golf is right behind and the gym is great.

Great location, close to Whalers Village with lots of restaurants and a convenience store too.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean front if you can afford it and I would always go for Block 3
4  Thank Shazzamelbourne