Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$219
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$281
US$269
US$291
US$477
US$429
US$955
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$207
US$279
US$385
US$369
US$361
Hotelpower.com
1,312 results
All reviewsfront streetmountain viewpremier roomocean frontwithin walking distancefull kitchenwalk into townhot tubfeast at lelemurphy bedoceanfront studiosouth endrestaurants and shopsthrough vrbothe banyan treeshort strollgrassy area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I wanted to put this review on trip advisor, since for some reason the owners VRBO site only shows 5 star reviews. I submitted a review, but I guess it was'nt excepted.

Lahaina Shores itself is a very nice place to stay. The staff was nice; property is clean and well kept.

#317 was a disappointment. The VRBO listing said "Remodeled", maybe, but IMO not recently. Walking in of course you see the beautiful view out the sliding glass door. But then as we looked around we also saw dirty and beat up walls in the kitchen. The carpet was stained and dirty. Yes there is new tile in the bathroom around the bathtub. But other than that the bathroom is old and outdated. We rented a condo so we’d be able to make some meals in the condo. Well this kitchen made that very difficult. DULL knifes and glass cutting boards, who uses glass cutting boards? The pots, pans, and cooking utensils looked old or possibly put together from garage sales? I cleaned the outside of the refig, so I did'nt have to look at all the greasy finger prints. The blender was so dirty, there was no way we were going to use it. All the counter top appliances were old. After we were there for a few days you start to not see some of these things. But it’s sad it has to be that way.

I do have to say the towels were great, and the bed was comfortable. The best part was being able to listen to the waves at night. It was great being able to walk to everything in town. In our opinion the rental cost was too high for the quality of the rental. You can find a better place for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NewtoABQ
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Loved the location. easy walk into town , lots of restaurants,bars,shops and cool art galleries.the hotel is a bit dated but this is lahaina ( an old town ) not kaanapali. bed was nice. staff was helpful, when we told them we needed another fry pan they had one there by the time we got back from the store. maid service was good they made sure you always had fresh beach towels. the pool / hottub area was clean with plenty of lounge chairs. have to use room key to enter onto beach which is a good security measure . the ocean out front is shallow, only waist deep not good for swimming or snorkling just cooling off, would be great for families with small kids.heard raves about Betty,s cafe happy hour I dont see why they only had 1 food item on it and very weak cocktails. a better deal was right nextdoor at Stumpytown they had 2 ahi-ahi tacos for 6 bucks all day long and reasonable drink prices.also check out Moose McGillicudy,s for live music and stiff drinks. sunrise cafe down by the marina had good breakfasts for cheap.( HAWAII CHEAP THAT IS) for real beer go up to Kahana and Maui brewing co.the only place I could find an IPA on the island , good food too.

Room Tip: if your on the mt. side choose a higher up room or it will be a parking lot view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malibuman_8
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We mostly stayed at B&Bs in Hawaii - this was our only "resort" so I expected something a little more luxurious. They still use actual keys to lock the room, and they don't really have internet access: if your laptop still has an ethernet port, then you can access the internet that way, but I got the impression that it wasn't free. (I was told the ethernet cable connects you to the cable company, and after that, internet access is between us and the company.) Parking involved an extra fee.

All that said, however, I will report that the beds were quite comfy, and the view from the private deck was very nice. Our toilet wouldn't flush when we first arrived, but they sent someone to fix that pretty quickly once we complained. And they had a pool, hot tub, and beach access, which was nice.

So, I don't regret that we stayed there, but if we go back to Lahaina, I think we might try one of the other resorts.

Room Tip: Halemahina, Maui's norther volcano, is a much more interesting view than the ocean, and mountain-view rooms are cheaper.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie E
Reviewed 1 February 2012

loved the view of the mountains such a beautiful world.the housekeepers was very pleasant .The staff made us feel real welcome ,will definitely come back.loved it.

Room Tip: any room you get is nice
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine B
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We arrived New Years eve exhausted after an 18 hour flight from the east coast. We were booked in and given our keys. Yes remember those? The hotel doesn't use electronic keys, a definite security issue here as they can easily be duplicated. We arrived at our room and were very pleased to see that they had upgraded us to an ocean view, but with a catch. Instead of two doubles, we were given was a queen and a cot. We immediately discussed this with the front desk. There was nothing they could do. It was New years eve and they were fully booked. Gee thanks. I sucked it up and took the cot. The next day i again discussed this with the front desk. I felt disrespected. They moved us to another room with two doubles as originally reserved and upgraded to ocean front. Thanks but i still feel disrespected. The first room was dirty. The hallway carpeting was filthy and stained. Cabenets wouldn't close in the room. The tub had a permanent dirty stain. The second room was nice. I was told that the rooms are condos and the owners decide when to do the upgrading. Good luck with that. Were we the brunt of an overbooking pratice? I'll never know. We met a couple from our fligtht the folllowing morning during breakfast, they weren't impless either and will not return. The renovated rooms are nice, make sure you get one.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room or go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple