“Best spot in Maui”

Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I searched long and hard for where to stay in Maui. We decided we wanted a place within walking distance of Lahaina shops, bars and restaurants. This was the only property that seemed to fit this. I was hesitant the the resort may be a little dated as the photos didn't do it much justice. I actually ended up booking direct with an owner of one of the studio apartments through VRBO (listing #48744). Her apartment was completely remodelled and very modern. Despite being a studio, it was very spacious and had everything you could possibly need. Washers and dryers were just down the hall and you could buy detergent (enough for 2-3 washes) for $1. Convenience shop was right nearby as well as dozens of amazing restaurants and bars.
Pool and spa were great. Plenty of sun lounges. Front desk were quite helpful. I'd highly recommend to everyone.
This was the highlight of my trip, which is strange since we stayed at the St Regis Princeville too. I think in terms of value for money, restaurants, location and amenities it just comes out on top.

Room Tip: Stay floor 3 or above.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoodFollower
There are newer reviews for Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Reviewed 22 March 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel while in Maui. I was extremely pleased with the service, room, location, and staff. The staff is what made this hotel so great. Although there are not a lot of amenities like room service and fitness area the staff makes up for it. The room we had was nice and recently updated. The Lobby has a spectacular view. The location is great for access to all of Maui and you can walk to many different restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We just spent 7 night (March 10 - 17, 2012) in unit 105 that we rented directly from the owners through VRBO. From the moment we booked the unit everything went perfect! Nina (the owner) sent me a large packet of brochures & menus of local restaurants. Once we arrived we were very pleased to find the unit updated with a perfect view! Directly next door there are several wonderful restaurants, a 5 star luau, surf lessons, gift shop, art gallery & spa. This resort is small so it is not crowded. The pool is not large but plenty big for the size of the resort and who goes to Maui to sit at a pool? The beach is really nice. The water is very calm and shallow because it is surrounded by a reef so it is nice for paddle boarding or snorkeling. I would suggest water shoes due to the coral. We rented a Jeep for the week but we were able to walk to all the restaurants and shops on Front Street from this resort ~ perfect location!! The unit we rented had two queen size beds that were very comfortable, two very nice, updated bathrooms, full kitchen, tons of closet space and an incredible view!!! I can’t wait to go back to Maui and I will definitely call Nina to stay in her unit again!!

Room Tip: From reading other reviews it seems the best units are rented directly through the owners on VRBO.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Texanstephanie
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I will try to be objective, we just returned from Lahaina Shores last night so this is very current. Old/Outdated. Musky smell in room. Filthy carpets everywhere. Faded furniture and decor. Shower was nasty with missing paint on metal. Towel very very thin. Ugly beach lots of rocks not pleasant at all. You have to pay 8.00/day just to park a rental. Pool was small and so was hot tub. Not appealing at all. Seemed to be an older customer service, everyone I saw looked to be over 60 or so. We stayed 6 nights and they wanted to move us every other night, we were promised an upgrade but denied it once we were there. I will never return. I recommend biting the bullet and paying the extra money to go up to the nice resorts with beautiful beaches. Bus fair is only 1.00 to ride into Lahaina front street and you will only need one day for that. One positive was the bed was comfortable and sheets where nice and smooth. Good luck. Hope you take this review to heart !!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they are renovating any rooms, if so demand that. Then be certain to get a name because once...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quinda12
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We loved the location and accessibility to town. Our oceanfront room was great. If you were on the lanai or even had the sliding glass door open, you could listen to the waves hitting the shore. Our unit (431) was clean and recently redone. It has a Murphy bed so that we had lots of space to move around in during the day. We prefer the small resort feel that Lahaina Shores has. All staff was helpful and friendly. I understand that each unit is maintained and decorated by them, but our was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Excellent location- easy access to Lahaina as well as the rest of the Island. Definitely not as fancy as many of the hotels on the island, but it is good value. The unit was pretty clean and the other guests were very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sarah c
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I wanted to put this review on trip advisor, since for some reason the owners VRBO site only shows 5 star reviews. I submitted a review, but I guess it was'nt excepted.

Lahaina Shores itself is a very nice place to stay. The staff was nice; property is clean and well kept.

#317 was a disappointment. The VRBO listing said "Remodeled", maybe, but IMO not recently. Walking in of course you see the beautiful view out the sliding glass door. But then as we looked around we also saw dirty and beat up walls in the kitchen. The carpet was stained and dirty. Yes there is new tile in the bathroom around the bathtub. But other than that the bathroom is old and outdated. We rented a condo so we’d be able to make some meals in the condo. Well this kitchen made that very difficult. DULL knifes and glass cutting boards, who uses glass cutting boards? The pots, pans, and cooking utensils looked old or possibly put together from garage sales? I cleaned the outside of the refig, so I did'nt have to look at all the greasy finger prints. The blender was so dirty, there was no way we were going to use it. All the counter top appliances were old. After we were there for a few days you start to not see some of these things. But it’s sad it has to be that way.

I do have to say the towels were great, and the bed was comfortable. The best part was being able to listen to the waves at night. It was great being able to walk to everything in town. In our opinion the rental cost was too high for the quality of the rental. You can find a better place for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NewtoABQ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
6.6 km away
7.4 km away
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Lahaina Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!