4,774 results
All reviews the cottages tower room garden cottage royal scoop pineapple water ocean view black rock our honeymoon whalers village main tower hula dancer breakfast buffet free trolley beach bar kaanapali beach beautiful beach mai tais
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Recently stayed here for 3 nights as part of a wedding group in one of the cottages. The room was clean and spacious. We enjoyed being able to walk right outside and having the pool and beach just a short distance away. The food at the bar was great for lunch and the path to Whalers Village is a great plus. Overall a great stay especially for the price.

2  Thank emkada84
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Care Team at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on tripadvisor. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your three-night stay with us in one of our cottages as well as our onsite bar. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon for your next special occasion or vacation.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

This property has many options regarding room availability. It is great for family get together s and wedding parties. There are low rise buildings that you can get several rooms in and still have you privacy but still everyone is close. We really love the Ocean terrace restaurant at sunset, as the hula dancers come out and the tiki torches are lit as the conch shell blows. The food is great too not to mention the Mai Tais. During the day we loved visiting Rebecca's bar while playing in the oceanfront pool or playing shuffle board and listening to the live music. The public transportation comes right through the resort so you really don't even need a car if you don't want the hassle. There is a boardwalk in front that will take you South to Whalers Village and North to Airport beach and Honua Kai Resort. This is truly a place where you will experience Aloha!

Date of stay: April 2018
4  Thank Mischelle L
HHR_CustomerService, Customer Care Team at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Aloha

Wow!! What a great review, we are delighted to see you were able to enjoy the true spirit of aloha while staying with us. Our ocean terrace restaurant as you mentioned is a great location for delicious food and great sunsets we are happy to see you enjoyed these while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We stayed at the Royal Lahaina during the week of 3/20/18-3/27/18.

A day before our arrival, we got a call from the hotel for a friendly Aloha and to check if we had any questions. Since our flight would land at 10:30am, I asked if there was a possibility for an early check in. I was told that I would be able to check in after 1pm. Great, we will be able to start our vacation earlier than 4pm!

On the day of our arrival, we show up at the hotel around 1:30pm, to only be told that check in was at 4pm and our room was being serviced by housekeeping. But they would call us when the room was ready. So we go run some errands and get check out the property, and by the time we are done, it is 2:35pm. I decided to check to see if the room was available (because there is no way housekeeping could spend over an hour cleaning the room right?!), and we are told once again that housekeeping was servicing the room and that check in was at 4pm. At this point, I'm getting a little frustrated. I totally get there check in times, but Royal Lahaina needs to stop telling guest that they will be able to check in earlier than 4pm. Had I known that my room was not going to be available until then, Hubby and I would have planned accordingly. Instead, I was stuck in leggings and a sweater while my luggage was check being held by the bellhop. We finally get a call at 3:35pm telling our our room was ready.

We booked a partial ocean view, and was placed on the 10th floor. The view was spectacular. We had a view of the golf course and you could also see the ocean from the Lanai. We also had amazing views of the sunrise in the mornings. The room itself is ok. Yes, the furniture is a tiny bit outdated, but I liked the Hawaiian feel.

The hotel offered a 20% off any spa services, and a complimentary photo session with a complimentary 6X10 picture from there onsite photographer because it was our anniversary trip. Be careful, the photographer took some amazing photos that we couldn't chose just one picture, so we paid $160 for the whole usb flash drive!

My two biggest complaints was how the bathroom did not have any ventilation, so it would get foggy if you didn't keep the door open. The sink would also let out a foul smell whenever you turned on the water. I literally had to smell the water to make sure it wasn't contaminated. It was no fun washing your face or brushing your teeth with that smell coming up the drain.

We got the room package that included breakfast buffet, car, and parking. I was highly disappointed with the breakfast buffet. Generic eggs, bacon, toast, oatmeal, pastries, pancakes, waffles, rice, and potatoes. I recommend the hotel adding another type of breakfast meat for those who can't eat pork. Hubby was fine, but I was often left hungry and had to go buy something offsite.

Parking could also get a little full during the Luau times, but there was always parking available a little farther from the hotel. People need to stop complaining about this issue. It wasn't that far of a walk from the hotel, and walking is good for you!!

They have an activities booth outside that included items like snorkeling, paddle boarding, umbrellas, boogie boards, etc. Happy hour begins at 2pm, so prices are better. There is also a bar hut right next to the beach, the place was always busy.

We ate at the restaurant a couple of times, but I'll leave that for a different review.

Overall, this hotel was ok. I wouldn't be completely opposed to staying here on a future visit, but there are other hotels in the Island I rather stay at.

2  Thank Heather R

Aloha
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we value and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to ensure our guests the very best while staying with us. We are sorry to read about the miscommunications during check in, and agree that this is not only frustrating but not the way anyone would want to start their vacation. We will be sure to address this with the staff and ensure that they follow through with what we are telling our guests, to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We are happy to see you enjoyed the amazing views. We are sorry to read about the smell in the sink as well as the ventilation issues, we will forward this to the correct departments to address these issues that you have stated. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The Royal Lahaina is an older property that was underwhelming from a modern hotel's perspective. However, they get 4 out of 5 stars for the staff's friendliness and helpfulness. Typical of the culture, we were welcomed and taken care of like family. The villa we stayed in was right off the golf course and just a couple hundred yards from the beach. we were within a walking quarter mile from a shopping and dining plaza as well. If you are not dining out constantly, there is a Safeway grocery store a couple of miles away to stock your own groceries. Our villa had a porch area that was great to sit on in the evenings and mornings. We had fun feeding the 6 different bird species in the morning. Could the property be better? Yes. the 70's style window slats should tell you everything. However, we spent most of our waking time outside of the property except the pool (which is kept clean and the surrounding area is well kept). The big thing is that the property was clean and the staff was great. Check out the view of the property in the snap I included. That's just the front road. Based on our experience we will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank David L

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on tripadvisor. We are happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Royal Lahaina Resort. We are very lucky to have an amazing staff that goes above and beyond to ensure each of our guests feel as if they are family and have the best experience. We are delighted to see you enjoyed the beach, the Lanai in the mornings and evenings and the wildlife on our property. Our cottages are currently in the process of renovating our cottages and bring them into a more modern feel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon for your next visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

We booked an ocean view room and had a nice view from our balcony. Original room had some rust/pealing paint in the bathroom, but we were moved to a better room and they took care of my parking for the inconvenience. One of the mornings we were woken up at 6am by security banging on our door, but they went to the wrong room. I was annoyed and went back to sleep, but my wife couldn't fall back asleep. Other than those two mishaps, we had a good time. Their kale salad and nachos were really good. We were also invited to a reception on a lawn overlooking the water which was really nice and relaxing.
One tip I have is about the concierge. I had to find out on my own that they have a guest service office that's close to the main lobby. The two people that look like concierge in the lobby are deceiving. One person tries to sell you on going to a time share presentation and the other one books tours, but neither of them are helpful with planning activities around the island.

3  Thank jmspector

Aloha

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to see the first room you were provided had a few issues but are happy to see our staff was able to find you the perfect room with an ocean view. We are also very sorry to read about the security waking you up at 6am and will be sure to address this with them as to ensure no guests rest is disturbed. We are delighted to see you enjoyed our kale salad as well as our yummy nachos. Thank you for your tip on the location of our guest service desk, we can understand how this can be deceiving and will talk to our staff about letting our guests know where they may find the correct desk for their needs. We look forward to welcoming you again to our resort.