“New Owner under different management”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wei Wei Bar-b-q Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 26 Restaurants in Makawao
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

The old owner was not the happiest person, and the food was not great.

Since the new owners took over management of the restaurant the food quality has improved vastly and the service is great. Service with a smile.
Would recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed April 29, 2018

We stopped in for some Ribs and were very satisfied!!! The BBQ at Wei Wei is so good!!!! The prices were not so bad. I highly recommend stopping in and grabbing some ribs if your craving BBQ!!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

This was hands down the worst meal I’ve ever been served in the United States!
I served six years in the military and had felt that some of the meals I’d consumed were not great but nonetheless palatable.
I would have eaten c- rations ( google it) over the food served to me at this establishment. My wife wouldn’t use the bathroom because of the unsanitary condition it was in.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to believe, but there is NO legitimate dedicated Chinese restaurant here on the island of Maui! When Dragon Dragon closed, all of us Pake’s were left longing for dim sum and true Cantonese, Mandarin or Szechuan cooking.

So Chinese New Year arrived, and the Dog was howling for a taste of the homeland. Luckily we found Wei Wei BBQ & Noodle House in Pukalani which is one of a few quicky steam table type Chinese take-out places scattered over the island. I read it was under new management, so we gave it a shot.

The quality of food was actually quite good, and was ready for take out when I arrived. I ordered ginger chicken, roast duck, sweet and sour pork and egg foo young. The chicken and duck were very good with generous portions. The egg foo young was more like an omelette, but was quite tasty. The sweet and sour pork was on the weak soggy side. I also ordered crispy noodle gau gee, but they gave us the soft noodles instead.

All in all, until an enterprising chef from Honolulu heads over to Maui, Wei Wei is an acceptable offering.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Ginger chicken is great. Love the kau yuk. Lemon chicken is fabulous. Big portions. My fav is the house cake noodles

Date of visit: October 2017