“Great place for dinner”

North Shore Fish Company
Ranked #24 of 43 Restaurants in Paia
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Delicious food & great people watching! Don't be shy -- chummy next to someone at the large table. We did & ended up having a great conversation with a local who frequents this place too. There generally will be a wait at the door, but its worth the wait!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I am a local and absolutely LOVE the ambience and food.
It is a MUST eat and MUST see. You will not regret it. Mahalo Sabina

Reviewed March 31, 2017

I've owed a review of this absolute hidden gem in Maui for quite some time.

I am a foodie from Ontario Canada that went to the beautiful islands of Hawaii for my honeymoon. Knowing full well that I'd be eating lots of fish during my stay, I set out to get a better understanding of the fishing culture in Maui. Talking to locals over the Internet led me to a relatively new food truck company with an enthusiastic owner, Kegan.

I wanted an experience that could somehow live up to the high I was feeling as a honeymooner in arguably the most awe-inspiring vacation destination in the world. I asked Kegan whether he would be willing to provide us with a fish prep workshop in which he could share his knowledge and a portion of fresh fish. Little did I know he was about to blow my mind!

First of all, not only did Kegan excitedly accept, he provided excellent correspondence in organizing our workshop and remained accessible up until we met up with him at a catering kitchen. As he had promised, he provided the goods... When I say that, I mean he had two beautifully coloured Mahi-mahis and a massive yellow fin tuna. Quality that would make a Michelin star chef gasp. What I thought would be a quick 1 hour workshop turned into a full 2 hour class where Kegan shared his knowledge with a passion you can only get from a career fisherman.

My wife and I filleted our own Mahi-mahi successfully under Kegan's careful instruction and he provided us with a very generous portion of fish. Afterwards he prepped the tuna and had us eat the freshest and best tasting poke I had during our trip. He then provided us with sashimi from the belly of the tuna which is now the new standard I hold in my mind for raw fish. In fact, no restaurant we went to during our stay could compete, the fish was only 14-16 hours old. His respect for the ingredients made for an unforgettable culinary experience.

Our workshop with North Shore Fish Co. was the highlight of our honeymoon. In Hawaii, that is the equivalent of climbing the highest peak of Everest. I've never felt so compelled to recommend a service as I have with Kegan's business and I can only hope North Shore Fish Company flourishes as it deserves to.

Thanks again to Kegan and North Shore Fish Company for providing an experience I will never forget.