“Molokai Shores Unit A215”

Castle Molokai Shores
Middletown Springs, VT
“Molokai Shores Unit A215”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I read a recent negative review of this condominium unit that was written after our stay in October 2011. It makes me wonder if the reviewer had the wrong address!! Molokai Shores #A215 is the finest condominium we have stayed in when judged by cleanliness and complete stocks of linens, bath products, condiments and even staples in the refrigerator. The furniture was very comfortable and showed NO signs of being even gently used. The kitchen was ultra-modern and the lanai was just great for sunrises and evening cocktails. The bed was super comfortable. Chaya and Tom have thought of everything to make your stay seem like a home-exchange rather than condo rental. Our stay was flawless and I highly recommend this condo to anyone staying on Molokai. I hope someday to meet the thoughtful owners of this home.

Room Tip: The units in Building A have a nice view of the Island of Lanai, the Molokai Shores grounds and the...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was surprised at the negative review by a visitor, as we had stayed in A215 shortly before they did. We have been to Molokai 3 times before finding this condo and the fact we come back every year speaks for itself. We had great accommodations, clean condo and enjoyed our stay very much. The condo is always well stocked with towels, binoculars, snorkeling gear, dvds, books, condiments and bath products. The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and I have a bad back. I still can't believe we have the use of a computer and 2 flat screen tvs.

We are very familiar with Molokai and know what to expect: very laid back, relaxed and a great place to get away from it all. The location is wonderfully close to town, to see the market on Sat. morning, the kapuna at Hotel Molokai on Friday, and we always go to the museum, the kite factory, and have been to Kalaupapa for a very moving tour. Thursday night is good for a prime rib dinner at the Cook House. We get the ice cream coffee at the coffee plantation and nuts at the macadamia farm. We always stop at Denise's gifts and find something that adds to our Hawaiiana.

There is no air conditioning: we have never needed it. There is some road noise but not sleep disturbing. The crowing of roosters can sometimes be heard, but it adds to the charm.

We love the condo and Molokai!

Room Tip: Molokai Shores, A215 is the best condo to stay in. Faces east for the sunrise, when it is cooler, a...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TeenaS
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My wife and I stayed were on Molokai for a week, staying in condo A215, and it was a pleasant place to stay. We go to Molokai every other year or so and lodgings are often a point of concern since your choices are rather limited. We like to stay in the main area of town (Kaunakakai) so you have the Molokai Shore and Hotel Molokai as the primary lodgings.
On our most recent visit we were fortunate enough to rent condo A215 at Molokai Shores. The place came as advertised, clean, stocked, and most importantly free of pests. Internet access was readily available and a nice sized tv in the living room. I especially appreciated the quick response time from the owner Chaya and Tom when I had any questions. Knowing they would respond quickly provided comfort in mind that if anything went wrong, which it didn't, then the problem would be alleviated quickly. Having stayed at a few different places on Molokai, including different condos at Molokai shores, A215 was easily the nicest place we've stayed at.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KodyTakeo
West Jefferson, Ohio
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My husband and I have stayed in condo A215 at Molokai Shores on Molokai several times. In fact , we would be disappointed if it was not available for us on our visit to this wonderful little island. Chaya and Tom, the owners, have put alot of time and effort into this condo. It is like a home away from home with all the extras you need. The King sized bed is very comfortable . There is a huge closet and dresser for your luggage. I have never been to a condo that offers so many extras such as the fully equipted kitchen, laptop with internet connection, CD player, good binoculars , extra toiletries, a wide assortment of books, games and dvds, beach gear including towels, 2 sets of snorkel and fins, plus many other items too numerous to mention. It is always clean and tidy . What more could you want ? Molokai is the Real Hawaii and this is the perfect place to discover it.

Room Tip: Molokai Shores has rooms of different qualities ranging from poor to excellent. Room A215 is excell...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2luv2fly
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We recently stayed at Molokai Shores unit a215 for a quick two night visit to the island. The unit was clean and well stocked with kitchen and bathroom supplies. I always worry a bit when booking a condo that it won't live up to the pictures and description on the web but this one did and we were very pleased.

Molokai may not be for everyone but we found it's remoteness and lack of luxury hotels a nice change of pace. Everyone we came into contact with was pleasant and helpful. If you're looking for unspolied Hawaii and lots to do outdoors, go to Molokai.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lovetotravel239
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Condo 221 was pretty clean and neat. You had to be wary of a couple roaches here and there but I guess that's to be expected on an island. Check your bags before returning home to keep these visitors in Molokai. You cannot swim in the water in front but the beach is beautiful

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Caloge
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I love Molokai and my recent trip was not my first time to Molokai but I would never stay at Molokai shores again. Unit A315. I paid the highest price for an "oceanside" suite. The unit was 1 unit away from the furthest end of the building away from the beach. When I brought this up with the front desk, I was told they were very busy that weekend and I was getting a great price for a 2 bedroom unit (1 bdrm and 1 loft with 2 beds). As it was just myself and my girlfriend, this was useless. The room is a few tens of meters from the two lane highway therefore the road noise came right in the room and this made sleeping difficult. Check-in time is late and check-out time is early. We arrived early and asked if an early check-in within reason was possible. We were told no, the check-in time is not negotiable. The room was disgusting. I opened up the dishwasher and gagged. It was completely molded over. There were flies and roaches everywhere despite the screen door being shut. I dropped something which went under the bed and when I looked under the bed to retrieve said item, I counted at least 5 dead large cock roaches. At least they were dead right? The bathroom had a permanent "sewage" smell to it and the toilet ran off and on every few seconds all day, all night despite efforts to make it stop short of shutting off the water.

I don't stay in high-end resorts or have extremely high standards, but having traveled extensively around the islands as well as the world, for the high price, this place should be checked off anyone's list of potentials.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank globaltek

Travellers are raving about these Kaunakakai hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaunakakai
36.3 km away
17.3 km away
MVP - Wavecrest
MVP - Wavecrest
#2 of 4 in Kaunakakai

Been to Castle Molokai Shores? Share your experiences!