“Yum”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Went here for a very late brunch and early dinner! We were so hungry after walking more than 3hrs while touring Battleship Missouri. This is only less than 15mins of a drive from Pearl Harbor. This restaurant is in a shopping complex along Aiea Heights. Plenty of parking spaces. GPS from iPhone is always confusing so we parked on the lower level by the grocery store. From there its on the 3rd level. This restaurant is inside a bowling alley. We arrived at around 2:30pm and its holiday. Wait time was 25mins plus another 20mins maybe for the food to be served. The staff are nice. Water are filled. They are not annoying. Huge servings. I had the Tasty chicken which is really good. This has an almost similar taste to Zippys Korean fried chicken. The sauce was savory and the chicken crunchy. Hubby had the ox tail soup! Very good! This is cheaper than the one in Zippys and I think it tasted better. We had the Lemon Crunch cake. Its like a lemon pound cake with toffee coatings. Very good! Not too sweet not too lemony. Just right. So this dessert will be the final decision point if I were to choose Zippys or the Alley. Which I will be choosing the Lemon crunch cake.

1  Thank hazel_travelss

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Went for breakfast and my wife ordered an omelet and I had a short stack of pancakes. They were not busy at all since there were only three other diners when we ordered, the outside counter was closed and the bowling alley was just opening. My pancakes took 25 minutes to arrive. My wife's omelet arrived 10 minutes later after I finished most of my pancakes. The waiter apologized by saying the cook made a mistake on my wife's omelet and had to cook another one. As an acknowledgement of their poor service, the waiter did not charge us for the omelet.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We always come back to The Alley for Oxtail Soup, Tasty Chicken and Loco Moco! Big servings! Good service! Consistently good!

1  Thank vrite
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

You may find it strange to have a good restaurant in a bowling alley but you better believe it. I love their Loco Moco, Tasty Chicken, and macaroni salad. If there is a down side, it's that the portions are so large I have been able to try the awesome desserts. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Had the renowned Tasty Chicken - as awesome as ever! That secret Coca-Cola marinate is the taste dreams are made of. This comes in a bowl or a plate - depending on your appetite! Trust me filling and my advice get the plate :)