“Nice place, crowded, good food.”

Haleiwa Joe's Seafood Grill
Ranked #18 of 96 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2018

We needed to get dinner before heading back to Honolulu to catch our red-eye home, so Haleiwa Joes ended up being our final meal on the islands. It was crowded but we didn't have to wait long for a table. The service and the food were both good. Our tab was about $75 with a couple of drinks and tips.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience. Ordered special and was delivered a totally different dish. Waitress said special was sold out and switched to another dish but waitress did not tell us. Half table had their lunch and other half had to wait for reorder. Not comped for anything.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

Visiting Hawaii and O'ahu for the first time from England, I did my research and found this place well in advance for our last night's vacation finale meal.

We arrived fairly early by European standards, snagged the last parking place over the road, and a table outside with just a short 10 minute wait. Well worth it, although I concur with other reviewers regarding the number of insects. Mosquito repellent advised!

The waitress was very indulgent when one of our party decided she'd go shopping and turned up 40 minutes after we were seated, despite a growing queue outside, and also when she disappeared to photograph some paddle boarders.

Usually I'm fairly good at remembering what I ate but, on this occasion, I can only recall the coconut shrimp. It was fine but not as good as I wanted. The skinny pina colada was disappointing too. And the rest.. well, unmemorable - I probably had fish.

What I do recall is the view. Tranquil, with the setting sun casting a myriad of colours over the marina (and getting in my eyes). Go, by all means, but be prepared to face a steep bill at the end.

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a late lunch. Split the poke, short ribs and crab and avocado salad. More than enough food for two, generous portions, even though they were labeled as small plates. Food was on point and flavorful. Services was Fast and friendly. Try and sit outside and enjoy the view of the north shore and harbor.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

I always make at least one trip to this restaurant every time I visit Hawaii but this time the food wasn’t that great. I ordered the Cajun spiced fish sandwich and the Cajun spice was mostly chili powder!! Go back to the cookbook and try again on that one!! I ate outside and although the view is great, the flies were overwhelming and I don’t know remember them being that bad on any previous trip!