“Hawaiian Plate Lunch Fast Food Chain”
Review of L & L Drive-Inn

L & L Drive-Inn
Ranked #67 of 96 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Reviewed April 23, 2015

It offers good variety of local plate lunch (choice of meat, rice and macaroni salad). You can sit down and enjoy eating or take it out. Don't expect great service or fancy atmosphere because it's not that kind of place. Just as the restaurant name suggests you order your food, you pay, the kitchen fills your order, you pick it up and eat it or take it out. Food is very good. You have a choice of getting a full plate or mini plate depends on your appetite. It's a good deal for your money. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 22, 2014

I've eaten at L&L's before so made another trip in this time. I like that they serve "mini" as well as regular portions. Prices, atmosphere and service are average, food is pretty good, not great. Macaroni salad and rice come with the entrees which include various fried seafood selections, kahlua pork etc. It's a drive in with a few small tables and has a drive through.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

You can find L&L Drive Inn's all over Ohau and they are all pretty much the same fast food atmosphere and real local Hawaiian plate lunches. Ok I noticed a lot of the reviews are negative with the building and service and yes as I said it is a fast food atmosphere so if you are looking for a place to wait on you this is not the place for you if you are looking for a five star joint this place again is not for you but if you are looking for some real Hawaiian food that taste perfect and at a great price then you need to eat here, I have tried almost all of the L&L's on Ohau every trip to Hawaii I try a different one and each of them are the same some more dive locations and buildings than others but they all seem to get the food right. the best dishes I have had here are the Kahlua pig plate which comes with scoop of rice, macaroni salad and Kahlua pig with cabbage this is my favorite my second favorite is Loco Moco they put the right amount of gravy each time never too much or too little if you have never had this before it is a couple of scoops of rich on bottom of a hamburger patty with over easy egg on top and then gravy over that I always order my egg to go on top of the gravy I like it better that way. If you have not eaten here it is worth a shot if you want real Hawaiian food. I love L & L and will continue to eat here.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had heard of this place previously and decided to give it a try. If you have never done an Hawaiian plate lunch, this is an experience. If you like rice you get 2 scoops. You also get macaroni salad and choice of meats, of which there are several. My wife had one with kalua pork. It had steamed cabbage mixed in which was pretty good. The only downside was the soda. It just didn't taste right. We found this at several places we stopped at besides L&L. Seems to be regional. However we could see ourselves going here again

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Solid local Hawaiian food. Not much on looks or service, but good food. Excellent curry dishes and the bowls are tasty. If you want just simple local, try L&L out.