“Not very good”
Review of L & L Drive-Inn

L & L Drive-Inn
Ranked #65 of 94 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Reviewed October 13, 2015

The wife wanted some Kalua pig and stopped in L&L while we were walking around Hale'iwa. I didn't order anything but tried hers. It was dry, tough and not really flavored like kalua pig but more like an over roasted pork shoulder. They may do some things right but here is what I have to say. You are a hawaiian restaurant serving local favorites. This stuff was horrible and quite possibly the worst kalua pig we have ever tried. I can get fantastic kalua pig in alaska...this place should be able to get it right since it's a local dish.

Reviewed August 28, 2015

I mean, it's L&L...the food is what it is. Cash only. Rude and hard to understand staff. This wouldn't be a place I would go again.

Reviewed May 1, 2015

I'm giving this place three circles but maybe it should be a little higher. It was the only plate lunch spot in town so I didn't have much to compare too. Portions were generous and everyone liked what they had so maybe this should be a 4. It's definitely worth a try if you're looking for plate lunch.

Reviewed April 26, 2015

This is an easy call in order on my way home. I generally always order the mini chicken katsu plate, DH gets the BBQ meat plate, and a couple of teriyaki burgers. Solid plate lunches always delivers and satisfies. Hard to go wrong with L & L.

Reviewed April 23, 2015

It offers good variety of local plate lunch (choice of meat, rice and macaroni salad). You can sit down and enjoy eating or take it out. Don't expect great service or fancy atmosphere because it's not that kind of place. Just as the restaurant name suggests you order your food, you pay, the kitchen fills your order, you pick it up and eat it or take it out. Food is very good. You have a choice of getting a full plate or mini plate depends on your appetite. It's a good deal for your money. Enjoy!