“Great lunch stop ”

Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Voted one of Oahu's best by Honolulu Star Advertiser 7 consecutive years, BANZAI Sushi Bar is truly one of Haleiwa's best kept secrets. Tucked away in a back corner of the North Shore Marketplace, casual fine dinning, outdoor covered seating with Japanese-style seating on Zabuton pillows or conventional tables, diners relax all while watching surf videos and enjoy live local musicians on the weekend. BANZAI uses local organic produce when ever possible and has their very own Hawaiian fish buyer who presents himself on a daily basis at the worlds largest Tuna fish auction here in Honolulu allowing them to serve the freshest fish almost immediately. With one of Hawaii's best Sake selections, any sushi lover and sake connoisseur will be in pure nirvana. Don't miss BANZAI Sushi Bar on your next visit to Oahu's North Shore in Historic Haleiwa Town.
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Went to there while driving around the Island. Found on TripAdvisor. As soon as it opened at Noon the place got packed. Pleasant outdoor setting. Staff was only rash and a rookie Linsey but they rocked. Sushi was outstanding. Worth the stop. Warning. $$$

1  Thank Lloyd B

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I was excited to eat at Banzai based on its good reviews, but our experience was mediocre. It took forever for our cocktails to arrive because the bartender was missing from his post. In fact, more than half of our meal was already on the table by the time we got our drinks. And they were disappointingly small. The food was ok. It was better than average sushi. But it was overshadowed by the bad service. Our waitress rarely came by (we had wanted another drink) and it took forever to get our check. When we did get it, we were told that the computer was acting up and that we had to pay with cash or wait awhile. By the time my husband came back from the atm several blocks away, of course the computer was working again. The waitress was apologetic for all of the inconveniences, but I expected more from a place with such good reviews. Maybe they were all just having a off day.

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t been to the North Shore in years. Affordable airfare allowed me to once again visit my favorite spot in the world, Haleiwa. We found Bonzai Sushi and was I ever glad we did. It was my birthday and my fiancé and I love Sushi and Saki. This place is small, but so intimate and so romantic. I especially enjoyed watching WSL on the big screen, while we ate and chatted with a new friend. Food was amazing, and they gave me the most decadent desert for a birthday treat. Loved the outside feel, while still being under enough cover to keep you out of any rain. Would highly recommend this place. No loud kids, just a peaceful, romantic vibe.

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

The food quality here is very good and the service is excellent. You may sit at A table with chairs or pillows or sit at the indoor bar and watch your food be prepared live. I usually go with my dad every week and it always lives up to my expectations, if you are visiting haleiwa and love sushi stopping by here is almost A must.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

After long drive around the island we found this place by accident - and what a happy accident it was!

Great food, great service, great atmosphere and great price/quality ration!

If we ever visit the island again we will definitely visit the place again!

Been to Banzai Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!