other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

coogeemat...
Sydney, Australia
“Got 3 star when 5 star promised - price doesn't match standard.”
Reviewed January 17, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

First up Ryan said he wanted us to have a 5 star experience in his messaging to me. We booked this for first 3 nights of 2018. Kailua is a great area. You did get was stated but the standard of fixtures and fittings not so great. The main bed was good. The sofa bed average. It was my partner, two teenage daughters and I. So even though four the sheets had not been put on sofa. (Minor but at the price). We asked Ryan if we could leave our luggage somewhere as we flew in early from Sydney and wanted to do some sight seeing in rental car without risk of luggage in car even though he lives in town he was not willing to provide a place to leave our luggage (minor but at the price. It's states 10 min walk from beach. It's longer. The fridge was full of food from past tenants. Take away food. It was smelly every time you opened fridge. I would have put in outside bin but it was already overflowing. The kitchen utensils were minimal. The crockery minimal. We had to supplement knives with the plastic take away knives past tenants had left. The coffe mugs were not clean. They were stained and cracked and also dirty. I soaked them and scrubbed them for the next poor tenant who came along. It stated beach chair provided. None. It stated snorkel gear provided... there was a bucket with a mishmash of old worn out items. They looked gross. Coffee maker drip tray was left full of old mucky water. The place had been cleaned. But not professionally. When I stay at a place I expect it to be as clean or cleaner than my place. And I clean my own place. And not rigorously. This place was not as clean as mine. But it was acceptable. Overall it was expensive for what you got. If it was this standard and had a view or was short walk to beach or short walk to town centre I would understand the price. But in a back suburban street and small flat at the back of a house with no garden or outlook and with an average standard it is well overpriced. I booked this place on TripAdvisor but there was no reviews. I based the reviews on the AirBnB listing. There are mostly positive. Which after staying I found surprising. Either they are false, or guest are afraid of bad review from owner or something has changed. I'm not concerned re owners review of me. I am a long term honest contributor. I stay in many places. This one not up to scratch for the price. Not 5 star as promised. Three star max.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing