Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii(Kaneohe)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$136
US$129
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$104
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$118
US$114
  • Pool
All reviewsbagelsat homebed and breakfastshared kitchenpost cardfreshly brewed coffeecatered breakfastcovered lanailocation is greatpeaceful placethe main housebeach towelsolder couplespent nightsboogie boardsevery morningmini kitchen
Reviewed April 1, 2018

This is a well-done establishment overall, and I'll be coming back here a lot! There are only two units available, so it's never going to feel weird or crowded. The grounds are very open (older, plantation-style), and the units are not too near the main house. The pool is very nice as well. It's not overly fancy, and it doesn't have that forced, post-card "Hawaii" feel - it just is real Hawaii, run by someone who has lived there for more than 40 years. It was clean, pleasantly appointed, and everything worked! There were also a ton of great movies on DVD in the closet.

They did a great job of setting up solar, motion-activated lighting along the way to the unit if you come home late at night, as well as setting up the little mini-kitchen with cereal, milk, bagels, sugar, coffee etc. There's a fridge and you can stock it with your own stuff as well, and a toaster and microwave.

The owner was super easy to deal with, communicative and very nice. She was understanding when I screwed up and took a different unit than the one I was supposed to get! (Good thing I was the only traveler at the time!)

The location is great, better than you might think, in fact, if you look on a map (and if you're not from there). The map won't show you that Kailua is now overrun with tourists at certain times (it's suddenly become a "destination"), and now staying anywhere near the town center or even certain places by the beach is much noisier and a more of a pain than it used to be. So the location for this place is really quite nice - really close, but in a pocket of local resident sanity that added to the place's quietude.

Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. Aloha, Jeanette

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband was scheduled for knee replacement on Oahu on March 2. I searched for a B&B that was close to Kailua town and the hospital. I also wanted a place to stay that was all on one floor. I did not use the kitchen or make coffee during my stay as I was anxious to get to the hospital. There is a pool, but poor weather prohibited usage.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Aloha, hope all went well with your flight home. I'm glad we could accommodate you and if you have the need again, we will be here for you. Take care of yourself and each other.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

The rooms were very comfortable, nice pool, use of a mini-kitchen and a great lanai for a quiet place to eat and relax. We were close to the beach and to downtown. Jeanette was a wonderful hostess and very helpful with tips for things to see and alternate routes to get places. This is great place to stay outside of Honolulu, but still close enough to do things in the city and this part of the island had relatively calm waters during the winter season.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

I enjoyed having you as our guests and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad our weather did not keep you from doing your activities......hope you will visit us again. Aloha, Jeanette

Reviewed December 13, 2017

This was the first time my husband and I went to Hawaii, and two days before we went, we got a call from this other bed and breakfast we had booked with the news that they had accidentally double-booked us. Thankfully, the owner is friends with Jeanette (the owner of Papaya Paradise), and helped us get a room here.

Jeanette fit us in last minute, even though she has been dealing with a recent, unspeakable loss in her life. She is such a kind woman, we immediately felt at home. The place was comfortable, clean, and it had everything we could have needed. We mostly were in and out, since we didn't have much time on the island, and wanted to see as much as we could, but it was such a bonus to have this cozy home as our base.

Jeanette had breakfast items available for us, self-catered (so we could decide when to eat), beach chairs, many towels, plenty of info on stuff to do, parking, and a beautiful, peaceful backyard, with a comfortable sitting area, and a pool that we didn't have time to enjoy. It felt very private, though she was always available for questions. We went for a morning run around the neighborhood once, and that was quiet and peaceful. Also, from here, we were able to walk to the best, least crowded beach (8-10 minute walk) and the town (10-15 minute walk), for food and drinks.

If we are ever back to Oahu, we will most definitely stay here again. Thank you so very much, Jeanette, for finding room in your grieving heart to not only host us, but to make us feel so welcome. May God help you heal.

Room Tip: Both rooms have private entry. The king bed room has sliding doors access to the pool area, but both are great.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nayla P
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Aloha, So glad you enjoyed your stay with me....I enjoyed having you....you helped me put my mind away from sadness and remembering young love......Hope the rest of you trip goes well. Aloha, Jeanette

Reviewed August 25, 2017

My husband and I have just spent 4 nights in this licensed b&b in beautiful Kailua.
Jeanette is one of the kindest women I've ever met!
She made us feel at home as soon as we met her, and she took care of explaining everything regarding our room, the shared kitchen (it's a self catered breakfast, but she provided with cereals, milk, bread, bagels and jellies, she prepares freshly brewed coffee every morning) and the surroundings.
The neighborhood is very quiet but close to everything.
Our room was perfectly clean and spacious enough for the two of us. The trade winds helped us a lot on refreshing the room, we've never turned the a/c on. The bathroom big and clean with the shower only (shampoo and shower gel dispenser are on the shower wall).
Every "beach item" is at your disposal: beach chairs, boogie boards, snorkel gear, even a beach umbrella. Beach towels are in the closet of the room.
The covered lanai is a perfect place to have breakfast or just for reading a book.
We haven't used the pool (why using a pool while you're in Kailua?!?) but the beach loungers at pool side looked very comfy!
Great deal for staying in our favourite part of Oahu. Absolutely recommended.
Mahalo Jeanette for your warm welcome and you kindness!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena_Aloha
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Aloha for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return...Mahalo, Jeanette