5,930 results
All reviewscharacter breakfastlazy riverama amaaunty's beach housedvc membersbedroom villawater slidesulu cafecast membersrainbow reefoff the hookkids clubscavenger huntstarlit huimickey mouseacross the streetcommunity room
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotel definitely lived up to the Disney reputation. It's beautiful, clean and the staff are genuinely happy and helpful.

It's located on a beautiful beach, it has so many pools and water activities for the family.

Couple minor things prevented me from giving it a 5 star rating, but nothing that would prevent me from visiting again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Sabrina A
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Aulani is a beautiful, clean resort with delicious food BUT it is very expensive. Food is costly, the daily resort fee high, drinks are high and if a non DVC member parking your car on the grounds the daily fee is quite a bit. Activities were high. Normally non motorized sports are free at resorts but here you paid for paddleboarding. Snorkelling in the pool had a fee also even if you brought your own snorkel and mask. Mugs for unlimited soda/coffee were $18.99 each but considering how high soda/coffee was this was your best bet.A Mickey Bar was $6 and a hamburger plater was $18. Popcorn $8 and 1/2 sandwich, soup and salad or fries $20. The main gift shop can't compare to the ones in the Florida resorts. Such a limited selection and if you want Disney items you need to get them at Aulani because there is no Disney store in the airport. 2 things upset us the most - the Wi-Fi was horrible and the Lazy River was closed our entire visit. We never received an e-mail telling us or given dates at time of booking.At check in they had no idea when it would reopen. Maintenance is necesssary but speed it up or do a little at a time or inform your guests when they book.We had a 2 bedroom unit and the second bedroom was small with an odd narrow hallway leading to a small bathroom. Certainly not like Old Key West or other Florida resorts. Several pools were cold. One lifeguard said there was no heater, while others said the heater was broken. Probably the worst is, if your flight is delayed and your ask for late check out your are charged 25% of your daily room rate per hour!!! Per Hour! It was a nice family visit but very expensive.The character breakfast was great and staff wonderful. Food was delicious and we were always treated royally whenever we left or returned to the resort. Advice - buy groceries(but remember it's Hawaii - not cheap) and there are some great places to eat at across the street.Would I return? I'm not sure. It is a long flight and so much more money than the Florida resorts.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank IceCreamLady
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Nice resort, but move your room if on third floor end room by the employee stairs entrance cause you won't be able to sleep in hearing clonking noises from the metal stairs. Stayed within first year of opening with my family in July 2012 because Regis & Kelly stayed there! Nice location and close to good local food, though I'm sure area has been built up since then.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MIZT13
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I took our 4 year old and 1 year old there after a few days in Waikiki for some Disney Magic. Look, it is pricey but you get your money’s worth. Check in was effortless, our room was wonderful and the facilities were amazing. I mentioned in passing to a concierge that our youngest was allergic to egg and she must have put it in the system because every meal after that, the staff were bringing out beautifully made meals just for him, and I didn’t even have to ask. Our eldest absolutely adored Aunty’s Beach House. He cried when he left on his last night! I have to mention the security there as well. It is always at the back of your mind when you are leaving your child at a kid’s club in a foreign country. The security here was second to none and I have never felt more comfortable in my life. Overall, an amazing trip. It is now my family’s favourite resort and we will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Azncat
Reviewed January 9, 2018

This is now my 3rd time visiting this resort and once again it didn't disappoint. Given we don't have children we were a little worried that visiting around Christmas/New Years time would be extremely busy and packed with kids, and while there were definitely kids around I never felt like I was in the middle of a theme park. The resort is big enough that if you want to find your own personal space to relax in you can. The only negatives about this property (and they're so minor) are that there is no shuttle from the airport to the resort. We're DVC members and all the properties in Florida offer free shuttle service, so we continue to be surprised that that doesn't exist in Hawaii. Additionally, there seemed to be an issue with people getting up and reserving pool chairs while not being there. There were signs posted about how the staff was managing the issue for chairs left unattended for over an hour, but I'm not sure how well it was followed through on. Other than that another excellent stay!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple