“Their definition of "salad" was interesting. ”

Loco Moco Drive Inn
Ranked #78 of 149 Restaurants in Kapolei
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Hawaiian local food is not known for its health benefits so I didn't know what to expect when I ordered their Chicken Katsu Salad. It was basically sliced chicken katsu sprinkled with a generous helping of dried wonton strips over a thin bed of romaine lettuce butts (by "butts" I mean the thick white part at the stem) with a few carrot shavings. The lettuce was almost an afterthought. My hubby, who is Hawaiian, said the chicken was decent but it was very greasy for my taste. I've had good chicken katsu and this wasn't it. His mochiko chicken was better but it was also greasy and tasted like mostly skin. He did say they did a good job on his Mac salad. The hamburger steak was slightly burnt. Service was pretty quick, but the tables weren't very clean. You get plastic silverware here...the really small, cheap ones. I broke my plastic fork immediately and had to pick bits of plastic out of my meal. This place wouldn't be my first choice by far.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We went here because KOA pancake was packed. But this place makes great food as well. I had the Spam Loco Moco and it was delicious. There wasn't too much onions in it and it came with 3 slices of spam, two over easy eggs, and a lot of rice. Finished every grain of it and enjoyed it with guava aloha made

Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

The highlight of what we tried was the kalua pork with cabbage followed closely by the spicy teriyaki pork. The loco moco was ok, but not that over the top. The staff is friendly and everything is freshly prepared. This place has a huge menu so give it a try.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

Small but they work fast. Had the classic loco moco with mac salad. Great! Filling, tasty, What more could you want! All sorts of breakfast plates.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

As we head from the Honolulu airport to KoOlina, we always stop in for food. Enjoying a moco loco, spam & rice, or chicken Katsu puts us in the Hawaiian mood and reminds why we love visiting Hawaii.

The service is always great, the prices just right and we like that there's always some sort of special of the day.