“Great Food, Good Local Flavor”
Review of Zippy's Restaurant

Zippy's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Kapolei
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Please keep in mind this is a local diner chain in Hawaii, do not confuse it with fine dining. With that said you want good food at a good price, this is the place! We were visiting the island and didn't want to eat the resort which was expensive for mediocre food. I had a mushroom burger and chili cheese fries with an Orange Bang shake. It was amazing and hit the spot! This is diner food at it's best!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This restaurant has just about any type of food you would want without breaking you pocket book. Good service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

During our 2 week visit at the end of February, we ate breakfast twice at Zippy's. First, the service was very good and friendly. Second, the food was good too. Several food items that were new to me sounded good and I chose wisely. BUT, then after eating the second time, I decided to check out the restroom.. OMG, what a mess. The walls and floor were filthy. Then I peeked into the kitchen, it looked worse than the men's bathroom. Finally, our hosts decide to buy some bakery items that looked and later tasted scrumptious but during that process I looked at an exhaust fan above the bakery oven and was amazed at how much grease could be collected in one specific area.. Yuuuuuuuuch.............Where is the health department?

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Nothing fancy, really a Hawaiian diner but still a good place to try the local flavor. Easy spot to grab lunch, fast and inexpensive.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

We were driving around trying to find the Costco when the words "Napoleon's Bakery" caught my eye. We pulled into their small parking lot and walked in. They have a sit-down restaurant section and a "To Go" section. Quite a few people behind the counter, but all ignoring us for about 10-15 minutes.

Once we got their attention, they were friendly and the food came out pretty quick and delicious: we got the bucket of fried chicken and chicken katsu dinner plate. Quality and taste were much better than I expected.

While waiting we ordered some bakery items: donuts and stuff. Unfortunately, it was around dinner time and the baked goods tasted like they were made around 7am that day - so a little stale and old. Only the "Flaky donut", a cross between a croissant and donut, was still good.

We'd go again: prices were decent and the fried chicken was very good.