“Amazing”

Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Laie
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Polynesian Cultural Center, voted the #1 attraction in Hawaii by USA Today, is located along the famous North Shore of Oahu. Explore 42 acres of tropical splendor featuring 6 authentic villages representing the island cultures of Hawaii, Fiji, Aotearoa (New Zealand), Samoa, Tahiti, and Tonga. Mingle with Pacific islanders as they share the majesty of their culture through music, dance and traditional hands-on activities. Our most popular dining option is the award-winning Ali’i Luau. This royal feast blends a delicious array of island and mainland dishes with the excitement of authentic island entertainment from across Polynesia. Finish your adventure though the power of “Ha: Breath of Life,” an action-packed evening show. Ignited by fire, song and dance featuring over 100 Polynesian performers, this story of passion will make this day a truly unforgettable experience. The Polynesian Cultural Center: all of Polynesia in one exciting place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Got back from Oahu recently and like to share my wonderful time with pictures. The PCC is a Polynesian theme park and museum on the northern shore of Oahu, Hawaii, with unique ethnic groups representing the island cultures of Hawaii, like Fiji, Samoa, Tahiti, Tonga etc with their skills and dance. The show at each village were very interesting and some very funny. Visitor can visit Hukilau Marketplace to shop for various Polynesian handiwork’s, clothing, jewelry and sweet treats.

End the night by having the Buffett dinner not fantastic but decent and attending their show “Ha: Breath of Life”. Enjoyed the Samoan fire knife dancing very much. Best part to end the nite.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,779)
All reviews
in 80 reviews
"front row seats"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I came to the cultural center with a rich knowledge of Native American culture and mannerisms. I came with that knowledge and when I saw the canoe pageant, I couldn’t help but have all these questions. I went throughout the park with all these questions and all of them were answered. One woman that was from Tahiti, Annie, was extremely friendly when I asked her about the traditional clothing they would wear when they danced. She answered my question then gave am me a brief story about Tahiti and it just made me feel much more informed and knowledgeable about the world. Come with intelligent questions, and you WILL leave with equally intelligent answers. This is a must visit and you have to allot an entire day to enjoy as much of the park as you can. Again, ask questions, because you will leave satisfied.

Eric W, General Manager at Polynesian Cultural Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

I enjoyed reading about your experience and how you were able to find answers to all of your questions about these cultures. We love sharing the cultures, arts, and crafts of Polynesia as well as helping our guests learn about such an amazing history. Thank you for taking the time to ask us questions and allowing us to share this with you.

Aloha,

Eric Workman
Vice President & CMO
Polynesian Cultural Center

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The six villages with the performances, activities and hospitality were great. The people at each village were friendly and spent time teaching the activities which made for an enriching experience. If you go to each village and manage to catch the shows (which we somehow did), you can skip the night show. We started at 11 am and were done by 6. The kids thought part of the night show was a longer version of what we saw in the daytime. If your group can last the full day plus evening, then see the show. If now, the villages are a good experience and the shows in the village are great.

The buffet dinner was gross. For those that are vegetarian or vegan, I recommend either bringing a lunch with you and then getting food from the food trucks. Don't let your "guide" on the bus sell you the food. It is more expensive than the food trucks. I wish we had not paid for the buffet and ate from the food trucks. I

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Our visit to O’ahu included a day visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place!! Friendly people, amazing culture, great food...the list goes on and on. Even though it poured down rain almost the whole day, we still had a remarkable and beautiful experience. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly, and made sure all of our questions were answered, no matter how silly they may have been. I cannot wait until we can come back to this beautiful island, and attend the center once again!