Free cancellation until 22/07
US$127
US$115
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$128
US$99
Official Website
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$104
  • Free Internet
US$179
  • Fitness centre
Ilima Hotel(Honolulu)
US$176
White Sands Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$104
US$99
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$194
US$124
US$283
US$194
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrenovated cabinturtle covethe hale koamilitary idmilitary familiesbeach frontfront rowair forceper nightair conditioneddriving rangefull kitchenfull sizemarine baseocean breezemilitary personnelliving room
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We arrived on 23 September 2011 at Honolulu airport by American Airlines flight (no probles with the nonstop flight from DFW). We were driven to Bellows Air Force later that day by my husbands parents. They had rented two different cabins. One was one of the newer renovated ones and one was non renovated. We stayed in the older type, cabin number 452. Our cabin location on the island was beautiful! I can't say enough about the view from our back door and picnic bench (seawall). However, I could not believe the condition of the cabin. This is indoor camping. When we arrived my in laws (who had stayed at these cabins) started spraying the whole place down with ant spray. Believe me you want to buy some ant spray when you get there... I didn't think this was a big problem. My biggest problem were the dirty sheets. We arrived to dirty sheets in the spare twin beds. Also the accordion door was broken. It didn't shut at all. We ended up using a blanket as a privacy panel. We pushed the twin beds together. The mattress was the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on. We asked house keeping the next day if they could change the sheets. She said she couldn't because we had not been there five days yet. Five days, really?? So we lived with the dirty (stained and crumbs) sheets by kind of sleeping on top of the covers somewhat. We also had water bugs that ended up dead in our room thanks to the bug spray. We also ended up with a dead lizard probably from the spray as well. The cabin was decent size, although I have no idea how someone could actually use the pull out couch bed, because there was no where to pull it out at. We were very happy it had a kitchenette. No air conditioning, but no big deal just leave all the windows open all night.
The other cabin (161) was beautiful (where the grandparents stayed) and had a nice location as well. Very well updated with new everything. Again, this cabin was sprayed for bugs because otherwise you are overrun by ants. The toilet did have some issues, but not too bad. Their sheets were clean and the cabin was nicely kept. Had no problems getting housekeeping / repair at that location.
We were able to swim and snorkel at the beach on Bellows and they are gorgeous. My husbands aunt did get stung by jellyfish, however we never saw any.
They have some beautiful walking trails, just spray yourself with bug spray before you go to be safe. They also have a miniature gold place, but we didn't play.
The shoppette was a really handy place to get some groceries and souvenirs for a reasonable price. There also was a laundry place and a Subway attached. Food is very expensive in Hawaii, but it is more expensive if you go out to eat there. Don't get me stared on the airport food.
We mostly ate at the renovated cabin, as it was larger and cleaner. On the fifth day I asked the cleaning lady to change the sheets and she told me that I would need to separate the beds the next day and throw the sheets on the floor otherwise they wouldn't get changed. I did this the next day and came back to the same sheets on our beds. Needless to say I was ready to choke someone. I had slept five nights on dirty sheets and I still had another four nights. We never were able to get them changed. My in laws complained to the front desk and it did no good. I personally thought this was ridiculous.

Pros:
Price
Location

Uncomfortable mattress
Bad customer service
Ants
Privacy panel broke

Room Tip: Only get a renovated cabin. Buy lots of bug spray. Don't forget your sunblock. Make sure to get it everywhere so you don't end up with a palm print sunburn.... Check your sheets as soon as you enter your cabin.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank scarlet_273
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed 4 nights at Bellows. The cabins are spacious enough, clean and practical but very simple and not the most beautiful.
The proximity of the beach is just fantastic! It’s probably the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, looks like on a postcard. The station has a little shopette and a Subway which was very convenient. Overall I would say good value for money but don’t expect anything special.
Unfortunately there was an e-coli issue on the beach when we were there so I didn’t want to get in the water too much. But I didn’t see any centipedes some people here complained about.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pistache1141
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is a great place, no frills accomodations walking distance to an awesome beach!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank DeeBatman67
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Thanks to June in reservations great hospitality and customer service we will be back again! Wonderful facility all staff very friendly and courtesy.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank mbearden27
Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you are assigned cabin 329A run do not walk away. Since they were full (which they usually are) there was no other cabins available. Cabin 329A is supposed to be a renovated beachfront. If this was their idea of renovated I really shudder to think what the un renovated cabins are like. All the window opening devices were rusted off and missing. The holes they used to occupy were taped over as were the edges of the screens. I found some sticks so I could at least prop the windows open enough to allow the air to flow through. The large front window screen was damaged and had at least a one inch gap in one corner, not good when you are trying to keep out the 4 - 5 inch centipedes. I taped that closed.

The fridge had more rust than metal and leaked water from somewhere.

The sink in the bathroom did not have a drain plug.

The shower was great....about the only plus of this place.

The turn table in the microwave did not work.

The couch looked like something you would find on the side of the road, extremely stained and dirty. We covered it with a spare blanket just so we could sit on it.

We were warned about the centipedes however both doors had at least a half inch gap at the bottom where the door sweep should have been. If you have to stay in this cabin, get LOTS of raid bug spray.

The floor lamp was held together with tape.

The flourescent lamp was unique, a light blue bulb and light red one in the same fixture.

This was supposed to be beachfront, there was NO beach in front, just a rock wall. The beach was actually 100 yards futher down.

I mentioned all this to the front desk and they basicaly blew me off. I am sure they already knew this place was a mess and did not care. To top off the visit the other half of the building was rented by a group who were camping across the street (30 people perhaps). Their doors were propped open 24 X 7 with a constant stream of people coming and going using the bath or shower. They were quiet but still, I do not think it was what renting a unit was supposed to be used for.

We will most likely never come back here or recommend this place to anyone who asks. There certainly are better places for military folks to stay, this one seems to be for the party crowd who are not picky about where they stay as long as it is cheap.

Arranging activites at Turtle Cove was pretty easy and the Shopette pretty well stocked. If you decide to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range, bring some tees as they are not provided.

Room Tip: Bring LOTS of bug spray and duct tape.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple