Free cancellation until 22/07
Hotels.com
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$104
  • Fitness centre
Ilima Hotel(Honolulu)
Book now, pay at stay
US$176
White Sands Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$99
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$189
  • Breakfast included
Pearl Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
US$142
US$124
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$206
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrenovated cabinturtle covethe hale koamilitary idmilitary familiesbeach frontfront rowair forceper nightair conditioneddriving rangefull kitchenfull sizemarine baseocean breezemilitary personnelliving room
Reviewed November 6, 2009

ABSOLUTELY the UNFRIENDLIEST reservation staff on the planet. when you call to inquire about availabilities, the answer is NO, in one second, apparently the are all geniuses and do not even need to look in the computer, HOWEVER, just drive in on ANY night and see the number of empty cabins... incredible. I called to get a cabin, I was told 2 were available for 1 night, I called back 3 minutes later, and was told by a different person that they had NOTHING... sure... 2 people wanted a cabin for 1 night in the previous 3 minutes. I have stayed MANY times over the years, and the front desk people just get worse, called about the ants last visit, was told "we will send someone out" 15 minutes later, someone came and told us "sorry, we can't do anything about it"... too funny, I guess the "staff" at the desk does not know that.... DO NOT waste you time, the most uncomfortable beds ANYWHERE, rude staff, "renovated" what a joke.... nice beach...lol if that is all you care about.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank pjd3559
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Our family of four stayed 5 nights in a renovated front row cabin in August 2009. Pros: price, price, price! incredibly beautiful beach - one of the best on the island, and daily maid service. Cons: no air conditioning, which was fine for the bedroom facing the ocean but a little stuffy in the other bedroom with the smaller window facing the street side. Our cabin was clean and decently maintained. The photo attached to our review shows the view from our deck and living room. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank netta7
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I usually do alot of research prior to staying anywhere on vacation. When I researched Bellows I knew that I had chosen the unrenovated portion of the cabins but I did not realize how archaic (spelling) it really was! We traveled with our married friends and were given a cabin that was singular, not attatched to any other cabins. These cabins are not represented in the photographs on Bellows website. The "room" that our friends were to stay in had an accordian style door to close to give them privacy....when it was closed there was a big tear on one end thus absolutely no privacy. We all just sort of laughed at that.

The electrical set up was ooooold and we couldn't use some outlets for fear of starting an electrical fire! When we plugged things in it would spark...so I started staying away from any plugs that had burnt marks on them.

I did not know...honest to God....how windy this side of the island is! Now this is nothing Bellows could have fixed HOWEVER the windows dont shield you from all this wind so our drapes were constantly blowing out and allowing cool wind in. I do have to say that we never really got cold but there is always this coolness about the cabin that makes it just not comfortable. We arrived in the evening and there is absolutely no way to get any extra blankets or towels if needed.

The staff at Bellows is absolutely wonderful...the shopette has everything you need....the laundry area is clean and has plenty of washing machines....we loved doing our laundry while watching the ocean! The surrounding areas and the beach on Bellows were picture perfect!!! We have lovely photographs of the beach. I had heard that you cannot swim in this beach during the winter as there are man o war out there!

the drive from Bellows to anywhere is not bad...very good location too. Just wish our cabin had been more of what was described on the website.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank nursebecky2006
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Great military lodging! Very secluded and well kept. This was the first time I had ever stayed there and was immediately impressed. Our initial reservation was for 2 days only, but when we checked in, we inquired about extending and were able extend to 8 days without issue. There is plenty of support there from MWR. They have a ticket office where you can get discounted tickets for all sorts of events around Oahu. We saved about $30 on luau tickets. We were also able to rent kayaks and surfboards. We stayed in a renovated cabin for $80/night. Full kitchen with pots/pans/etc. Cabins have no air conditioning, but we didn't need it. Wonderful breeze coming through was perfect.
The only downside was the maintenance. I reported our phone being dead for 3 days and no one was sent out to fix it. Ultimately, the stay was great and I'll definitely be looking at Bellows next time we head to Oahu.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
19  Thank ChadGeorge
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I had been to Oahu 3 times and have always stayed at the Hale Koa on Waikiki. I had heard about Bellows but had never been over there to check it out. What little I did read (reviews here) talked about bugs in paradise...

My husband and I, along with our 5 year old son, had an upcoming trip booked to Oahu as a military retirement trip for my husband. We were scheduled to stay the full week at the Hale Koa.

My mom, who is in Chicago, asked to come along with us..... partly to help babysit our son so we could have some time alone.

I didn't want to increase our budget by having to have 2 rooms at the Hale Koa, so I started to look into alternatives on the bases (such as Navy Inn, Schofield Inn). SInce this was peak PCS time for military, nothing was available.

By sheer luck I was able to grab the last 3 nights at Bellows. I was really worried my mom would not like it there. She is 64 and very picky. She wasn't sure she would enjoy being there. I promised her that if she had a problem, we would move after the first night.

We spent 4 wonderful nights at the Hale Koa, then went over to Bellows for our last 3. We were in a renovated back row cabin. It was nice, but basic. The beach itself was incredibly beautiful. The units have 2 bedrooms (1 queen and 2 twins). There is also a full kitchen. There was one bathroom and a stand up shower.

The only downsides were this:

We were hot during the day! (we were there in July). No air conditioning, but fans. We left the doors open to get a breeze during the day. Once it got dark, we did notice more bugs trying to get it and had to shut our doors! We made sure we kept our food sealed up or in the fridge.

We picked up food at Bellows at the small shoppette and then decided to go to Kaneohi Base to stock up more. We had a great time cooking out and enjoying how peaceful it was there.

Honestly, I can't wait to go back! I probably would not do it in the hotter summer months, but it is so hard to get a cabin there! They book up 6 months in advance..

Being on the windward side is so much nicer that Waikiki. If you are staying on Oahu for a week, I would recommend 4 nights at the Hale Koa, and then at least 3 nights at Bellows...

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family