“One of the best-but?”
Review of DDW Beach Cafe

DDW Beach Cafe
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Pago Pago
Reviewed December 26, 2016

DDW is still my favorite restaurant, yet my last visit was sort of disappointed. I have always eat a Steak Breakfast here when i am in the mood for a meat meal. And this place has been my favorite for such gravings in the past. Yet this time, I was disappointed when i ordered the usual rib-eye breakfast meal. The steak seems like it has been sliced in half, from its original thickness it used to be. Such is the practice of the past of businesses here, when customers do favor dishes and is popular, they tend to reduce the quantity of the meal yet kept the prices same or raise them. It is a bad management practice, and should be carefully looked at to prevent customers from choosing to go elsewhere. Management should kept close monitoring of its kitchen operations to make sure the consistency of quantity/quality is maintained.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Out tour group of 13 made a lunch stop here. The service was outstanding, prices were fair, and portions were huge. I had grilled snapper and it was my best meal on an 8 day tour. Others raved about the lasagna, sandwiches, and burgers. If you are staying in the Pago Pago area this is a must stop for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

Food was okay. My friends had fish ands chips which looked delicious. Veggies tasty and mashed potatoes too. Ordered water and they bring ice and bottled water. Staff very pleasant!

Reviewed September 25, 2016

One might not expect to find such excellent food in an off-the-beaten-track place like American Samoa, so DDW comes as a most welcome surprise. The food is excellent and the portions more than generous. For breakfast I had the banana pancakes with home-made banana syrup made from locally grown bananas, and they may have been the best pancakes I've ever had--light and fluffy, and incredibly tasty. The banana syrup was amazingly good. It was a shame to leave any over, but the serving portion was so large I just couldn't finish. If this is typical fare in American Samoa, it's no wonder the place contributes so many players to the NFL! Breakfast was so good I returned a day later during my short stay on the island for lunch. That did not disappoint either. I had a grilled fish burger that was made from freshly caught wahoo. Tender, tasty, and top-notch in all respects. The accompanying french fries were served hot with the just the right amount of crispiness. And what could be better to accompany this than some fresh coconut water right out of the coconut? None of that packaged coconut water for me now that I've had the real thing! The decor is also warm and welcoming, and the staff pleasant and efficient. DDW is a food gem on an island gem. If you find yourself in American Samoa, do go to DDW, and do drink the water, and partake of some of the best food you will find anywhere.

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed September 12, 2016

The ambiance and location near the ocean and great food make it a worthwhile endeavor but most of the time the parking space is full. The staff is friendly and wait time for orders is about 10-15 minutes & the only place that cooks my swordfish to perfection.The variety of food on the menu should satisfy the most hungry or discerning person and I highly recommend it. Their prices are fairly reasonable when compared with other places on island. The service is backed with friendly smiles but @ times lacking.