“MY GO TO PLACE”

Matai Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 11 Restaurants in Pago Pago
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I would eat at this place at least 3 times a week. I dont know, but im just so addicted to their foods. I love their Hawaiian Poke oka with rice. I also love their kitchen katsu, wonton soup and fish and chips. I love it. Big portions with affordable prices. Great comfort food.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is casual dining with Formica tables and benches. The service was basic and unobtrusive. I had the pork chops for lunch and had a nice size portion. Two big chops covered in grilled onions with decent amount of crispy fries. It came with a small cup of what I suppose was gravy. It was cold and looked lumpy so I set it aside. The restaurant was about half full with locals and the menu seemed to be mostly local food. The price for the chops, fries and lemonade was about 50% more than a large size meal at McDonalds and much better in taste and value. The place is on the bay side of the Tedi building so it might be missed if you were just in town for the day. If you arrive on one of the cruise days, just ask a local for the Tedi bldg and the Matai restaurant and give it a try. I plan to go back for a fish dinner. Oh! By the way, the pork chops were really good. Forgot the most important part.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

Large portions and served family style so nice for sharing. They have a wide variety of Chiniese fare-even though you would think Thai from the name - no Thai food. They have chicken, meat, seafood and vegetarian. Large tables, good for large groups. As I recall they do not take credit cards or checks, cash only.