“Proa Agana”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I were here for our honeymoon, and we were really looking forward to eating at Proa. We went to eat there and O recommend you make a reservation far in advance. I called and they say they couldn't take my reservation because it was already full but I was welcomed for a walk in. I came in, I had to wait 45 minutes to an HOUR! The food was great but the wait is crowded and horrible.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved our experience at Proa. My husband and I had been happy with the food offerings on Guam, but were looking for something a bit more upscale and not chain-restaurant-y. This fit the bill. The service was excellent and the ambiance the right mix of laid back, but sophisticated. I had the chicken BBQ, which was to die for and my husband had the steak. We loved our carrot cake dessert as well. There was some fun live music going in the background and, overall, it was just a delightful dining experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

To get “authentic” Chamorro food, most folks recommend you get the barbecue choices on the menu. I got the triple (bbq chicken, bbq short ribs, bbq ribs). Get extra Finadeni Sauce to dip your meat. The Red Rice goes perfectly with everything!!!
For dessert we shared the Chocolate Wasabi Cheesecake...OMG what a rich, decadent treat! Wasabi not overpowering at all! Very pleasant, sweet, rich experience.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Always a great place to get the local BBQ! I love coming here and bringing people to try new things. Our last dinner ended up with a power outage or glitch which affected the kitchen. I already had my food with me so it seemed like a nice added touch with dim lights and delicious food.
Highly recommend their bbq chicken. It is always so juicy and flavorful!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

the food is good and prices reasonable.
shop opens at 6pm for dinner
need to go early or else have a long wait as it is usually crowded, as they do not take reservations.