Let's start with the negatives. We were able to check in quite late. It was almost 3pm when our rooms became available and considering that we got there before 6am (although we just left our luggages and proceeded to shop in Kmart and the Outlet Stores) and expected to be able to check in by 2pm, the wait seemed longer. You should expect a similar experience if you plan to stay there during peak season. (Note: we were not the only ones waiting to check in.)
The internet connection comes and goes. There were times when my phone could not detect the wi-fi.
Also, the next morning, there was a waiting line for the buffet breakfast as there was not enough space to accommodate the guests.
Of course, the negatives are probably the result of too many people wanting to stay at the Outrigger. Here are the reasons why.
First, it's located in the middle of all the nice shops. There's The Plaza within the hotel compound, the DFS Galleria across the street, and the Tumon Sands and JP Superstore which are both several meters away. There are also restaurants nearby. It's also very near the beach.
Our room was very nice, spacious and seemed to have everything we needed (including a coffee maker). It had a nice view of the beach. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever been on that I was tempted to ask for the brand of the mattress. The bathroom was spacious and complete with the usual supplies. I love the window panels (instead of drapes). They really bring character to the room. Plus, they make the room really dark if you want to sleep during the day.
The staff in the reception and buffet were very friendly and helpful.
The buffet breakfast was quite good. I wish they had more variety from one day to another though. Also, the omelette station was not impressive at all.
And perhaps to make up for the late check in (or maybe because there were not too many guests checking in at the time), we were allowed to check out at almost 4pm.
Over all, I really enjoyed my stay at the Outrigger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Outrigger Guam Beach Resort is the preeminent deluxe beachfront resort hotel in the Tumon Bay resort district – an exciting, upscale retail and entertainment mecca that also features one of the best stretches of beach on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Outrigger Guam Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Guam Hotel Tumon
- Outrigger Tumon
- Tumon Outrigger
- Outrigger Guam Beach Resort Tumon