Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews great cabin picnic benches gas grill staying nights hulls cove while visiting acadia national park excellent stay would stay here again quiet at night location is great up to date long weekend minute drive front porch lobster sean accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2020

My mom and I stayed 4 nights in a motel room with my medium size dog. We had a fantastic stay! Since we were staying 4 nights, Sean (the owner) gave us the biggest room so we had more space to spread it. Sean was extremely kind and gave fantastic recommendations when we asked. It was extremely convenient to walk right out the door to walk my dog.

The room was simple and clean (which was very important to us during pandemic). It was a no frills room but was very comfortable to rest during a day of hikes and to sleep at night. An important thing to note: because it is motel style you can hear loud noises such as car doors closing, dogs barking next door, when people going in and out of rooms. This typically wouldn’t bother me at all but my dog would occasionally bark if these noises happened in the middle of the night so please keep this in mind if your dog is sensitive to noises (if that’s the case then maybe the cabin’s across the street would be more suitable)!

The location was the best part of this place. It is so close to the entrance of Acadia and about 8 minutes to downtown Bar Harbor! This was extremely convenient when we wanted to pick up dinner downtown but there are also a lot of great lobster shacks up the road. (Side note: we came the week of Columbus Day weekend so a lot of business close down for the season. Make sure to call ahead and check the hours of a place before heading out!)

Overall, our stay was FANTASTIC and Sean’s hospitality made it even better. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone with a dog and would stay here again when I’m back in ME

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2020 via mobile

The hospitality was unmatched. Mr. Gallagher stopped by daily to make sure everything was ok. Would and will stay here again and again. Just 3 miles from bar harbor town center. It was the perfect place

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2020

Older Motel with the smallest bathroom I've ever seen. The bathroom door wouldn't open all the way due to the floor being warped. Getting up in the middle of the night from my side of the bed required me to walk uneven due to about a 1" raise in the floor from the bed to the wall.

Reviewed October 14, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I, along with our large dog, stayed at Gallagher’s Travels for the long weekend while visiting Bar Harbor and Acadia. Acadia was less than a mile away (certainly walkable in nice weather, though very easy to drive too). Bad Harbor was just a short 5-7 minute drive away, as well. Sean gave great recommendations for food and places to visit (including a great sunset at a nearby beach!). Such a friendly and clean place to stay after long days of hiking! Would definitely return and highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2020

We're annual Bar Harbor visitors and have stayed at a variety of places. Since getting a dog 2 year ago, our options have become a little slim. Gallagher's showed up in the search results for "pet friendly" and reading the reviews, made me feel confident we'd enjoy our stay. And we did!! The owner Sean was so helpful and friendly. The room was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN (and safe during these covid-times). The property was well maintained and such a convenient location. I did comment to my husband that a firepit would have been awesome, as it was just slightly too cool to sit outside and read a book during downtime from hiking, but would have been great to sit by a fire. We will absolutely have Gallagher's on our list for next year's visit!! And encourage anyone else to do the same :)