Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$245
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)
US$218
US$319
US$275
Quimby House Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$175
Eden Village Motel and Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$179
  • Pool
US$409
US$255
Agoda.com
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)
US$289
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$999
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewswine and cheeseother guestssouth suiteegg bakethe main houseoatmealprivate entrancemount desertacadia national parkshort walkbed and breakfastchocolate chip cookiessmall kitchenbreakfast was deliciousb bsliving roomenjoyed our stay
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This bnb is in the best location, just minutes walk to downtown Bar Harbor and within a few minutes drive to Acadia National Park. The breakfast is delicious, we had blueberry pancakes to order along with a generous buffet. Our room was actually a suite with jacuzzi tub and our own entrance. The best part of this stay was the friendliness of Catherine who was incredibly thorough in explaining everything to us and had no issues with us bringing our five month old baby to stay! I'm sick of b&bs that have a no children under 12 policy!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I booked this Inn on the recommendations of this website and from the many photos that were posted. Let me tell you, they were not accurate. The Mira Monte is in desperate need of a makeover and a serious cleaning. It has 1970's wallpaper that is peeling, furniture that looks like it all came from a flea market with every crazy colored upholstery imaginable, and shower stalls so narrow it was impossible to turn around.
The breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about. You could tell the fruit salad was added to each day, as the older fruit had a punky old taste. No need to serve fresh every day! The muffins were dry and the coffee was served from an old plastic carafe {not hot}. We ate on the side porch with vinyl table clothes, condiment containers that looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a very long time, stained carpeting..... I could go on and on.
We have stayed in B & B's many times that were serene and classy for the same price. This Inn is too pricy for the condition its in. On a positive note the staff were very accommodating, and the cookies were a nice touch. It was also close to town.
If you don't mind a very bohemian atmosphere and things a little dusty, then give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daisy4love
MELouisa, Owner at Mira Monte Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write your perceptions of my inn. I welcome suggestions from my guests and often have used them to improve the experiences of others. My problem with yours is that they are not accurate. The wallpaer is almost all Schumacher reproduction - something that one of my guests recognized and asked about. We live in a moist climate, frequently socked in by fog. Rooms that have been checked thoroughly in the spring, cometimes peel a bit by August. We have been fully booked since early July so have not been able to correct this - but as the summer calms down, they will be re-pasted. We advertise as a Victorian Inn, and my belief is that any home that has been occupied for over a hundred years will have mismatched furniture as a natural result of living. All of the funiture in the common rooms is genuine antique - some of it is quite valuable. I have six marble top tables - some are fancy turtletops, for example - not flea market material. . Because of the zoning here in Bar Harbor, I cannot increase the size of the building, so I had to use a 32 inch shower in two rooms and we lower the price of those rooms for that reason. Your comments about our breakfast have us all confounded. You can choose to take a tray to any place you wish, including one of two paved terraces facing the gardens, the screened side porch, the library, your own room, or in the dining room to share one of two larger tables. The stain on the side porch is clean - someone spilled something that made a permanent mark and I will have to replace the whole porch carpet because of it. I can't do that during the summer. Your comments about the food are the most confusing. I make coffe every 15 minutes all morning and pur it into restaurant quality stainless steel servers - that keep it hot for hours. Later in the day, it is available and may have cooled off. Our staff is very willing to make a fresh pot at that time if asked. We do NOT own any plastic carafes and we do NOT own any vinyl tablecloths. The tablecloths on the porch consist of two cutom-made cloth materials, one covering the other for decoration. Our condiment containers are small open dishes that hold jam and are washed and re-filled daily.We cut fresh fruit EVERY DAY, and any fruit left over is either eaten by the staff or thrown away. it is NEVER reused. My policy is to help my guests relax in an atmosphere that speaks of the Victorian era which is appropriate fro this 1864 home. That is why the chairs don't match. Also Victorians loved complex color and designs so it is appropriate that I use this style for the living room. Our policy is to give guests choices - some of the rooms have bathrooms large enough for a wheel chair, five of them have whirlpool bath tub/showers, some have tub/showers, some have custom-tiled showers. If someone doesn't like the room where they are staying, we make every effort to help them become comfortable. I have moved one large person who took the small shower room and put them in a room with a larger shower. They asked and I was able to accommodate them. All but two of my rooms have private balconies that look over gardens, (including the room with the small shower - and that room also has a separate sitting room for relaxing) We are the only inn in the downtown area that has two acres of beautiful grounds and gardens and off street parking for all of our guests. Perhaps you didn't take advantage of all of our personal help for our guests. Marian Burns, owner Mira Monte Inn

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The staff is extremely friendly and well versed in providing a welcoming that includes walking you through an overview of MDI (and it's with pure intention of making sure you have and plan a great stay).

The accommodations are wonderful. I stayed in the St. Sauveur suite and it's spacious, clean has a nice bathroom and a small private patio. The wifi worked awesome and I was able to get on my vpn.

Daily complimentary wine an cheese après dinner.

I consider myself discriminating and I am thrilled to be here!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We usually don't stay in BBs but decided to try one in Bar Harbor. We spent 3 nights at the Mira Monte Inn and enjoyed our stay very much. Our room, the Rocklyn, was in the Annex Building located at the back of the property. It had a king bed, balcony, small (my husband is 6'4" so small for him) but very nice shower, a nice size bathroom in all. This building just opened up this year so being new had plenty of outlets and a more modern decor, which appealed to us. I especially appreciated the magnifying mirror and full length mirror in the bathroom. The AC didn't work in our room (surprising for a new building) but we just opened up the windows and screen door-also used the ceiling fan. We were very comfortable. We did see workmen trying to fix the problem. Breakfast was from 8am to 10am and there was plenty of variety and it was very good. Even though blueberries seem to be popular, I loved the cherry crumbcake. We missed the reception hour at night, but always stopped later for a cookie. The location is very convenient-a short walk each night to town for dinner and a few minutes drive to Acadia National Park. As a runner, I easily found a great place to run along the ocean path and around town. The staff was very friendly. At our leaving we suggested they put garden lights along the driveway to the Annex Building as it was dark walking back to our building at night. They appreciated our commment and it seemed they would be taking action on it. I would return to this inn again if I could get the Rocklyn Room.

Room Tip: The Rocklyn is an excellent choice if you like a larger, comfortable room, with a more modern decor-not the ornate furnishings of a typical BB. Great room if you like more privacy than being in the main building. The Miller Room which backs to the Rocklyn also seemed nice-but had a Queen bed instead, but otherwise, looked like the Rocklyn.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean R
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We just returned from a quick trip to Bar Harbor. We were at Mira Monte for three nights and felt it was a wonderful deal. You get a fabulous breakfast with a lot of variety. I can't believe anyone would complain about it! There are two types of muffins, a coffeecake, two types of breakfast casseroles, eggs, waffles, assorted juices and fruit, and the most heavenly creme brulee french toast. There are wine and cheese and crackers for two hours every night and fresh cookies throughout the day.
The inn is very close to Bar Harbor's village green and is super convenient for using the Acadia bus system.
We had a suite. It was not fancy, but it was spacious and had air conditioning and a small kitchen.
I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family