“Walking distance to Bar Harbor!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stayed here on an extended weekend trip with my husband's family and really enjoyed the visit. While a little run down (they're working on improvements), the place had a nice rustic feel to it that fit in with the location. The rooms were clean. Staff was very friendly and cheerfully provided some advice about places we should visit. I really enjoyed the outdoor seating space. We were an easy walk to the central part of Bar Harbor and an easy drive to Acadia National Park. Overall, I would recommend as an affordable option in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Birches section
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jeannine B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to review our Quality Inn. As a seasonal property only open 6 months we are always working on improvements. Nice to hear our staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you for the recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We had a clean room with a comfortable bed for a moderate price, on the low end for Bar Harbor. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was a cut above the usual Quality Inn with bowls of Maine blueberries to pile on crisp waffles. It was just a pleasant walk to downtown and the harbor.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate your time to write a review. It is always nice to hear how friendly and helpful the staff are. Also nice to hear our breakfast met your expectations.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I chose this hotel because it was less than a mile from downtown where all the action is. One thing that really stood out was the personnel who always went out of their way to accommodate you. The hair dryer in my room didn't work and one call and five minutes later, it was replaced. The women that worked in the breakfast area were always there to make sure there was enough food. One morning the family I was with came in five minutes past the breakfast time of closing and food was brought out to make sure they got to eat. The price was so reasonable because it wasn't in city center but close enough. There is a coffee machine in the lobby that provides cappacino, latte, espresso, regular coffee and double espresso. I visited it in the morning and the evening. I am a travel agent and have traveled the globe. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The rooms were clean, large and there was a refrigerator. We stayed for four nights. There was adequate parking and there was no charge. This hotel also had laundry facilities that we used.

Room Tip: Try to stay as close to lobby as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valerie
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We were happy to hear that the personnel were always there to accommodate you.
We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We spent 2 nights here and we're pleased with the accommodations. Basic hotel room...clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful...very helpful and answered all of my questions about the area. Breakfast was in a building across the street...lots of choices and nobody went away hungry! The only sketchy thing was the laundry area was also in the building across the street. I asked the front desk if my husband should stay with the laundry and they said they'd never had any issues, so we left it there, but when my husband went back to put it in the dryer there was a guy sleeping in a chair in the laundry room. He wasn't doing laundry, just sleeping there so my husband stayed until the clothes were pretty much dry and brought them back. He woke up at one point and ask my husband if he was the guy he met it the park earlier...my husband said no and the guy went back to sleep! Overall, it was a good stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jeannine B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Kim
We are happy to hear our staff was wonderful and the breakfast met your expectations. I did not see a note in our log book about the laundry situation. We have not had any issues with leaving the laundry open 24/7 for our guest convenience. Thank you for the notice of what your husband encountered. Our front desk staff would have spoken to the person.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This was a typical and comfortable motel. The staff was exceptionally courteous. The two breakfast room ladies really put "quality" into Quality Inn__ they were genuinely friendly, and scurried around welcoming the guests, topping up all the food areas, refilling coffee cups. It was delightful to be with employees who so obviously love their jobs. The pool and hot tub were clean and comfortable. The AC in my room was difficult to operate, and the drapes let in a lot of light, and these two things were the only reason for not giving a 5 rating. But I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice two day stay here. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. My son loved the latte/cappuccino machine in the lobby. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices and ample space. The attendant was super nice. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. A couple of complaints: the A/C sometimes shut off and wouldn't work again until it was unplugged and then plugged back in. And the curtains over the window were super short and let a ton of light in, woke me up very early every morning. The wifi was really bad and we were only two doors from the office. It would disconnect on its own often. It was fine if you went outside. I'd give it 5 stars if not for these issues.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jeannine B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you for your compliments on our Bar Harbor Quality Inn. I was sorry to hear there were a few items I had not seen on our maintenance repair log. I am not sure what room it was and would hope to repair these so the next guest would enjoy the room.
Glad you enjoyed our great breakfast.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stayed 2 nights. Clean, comfortable room. Huge bathroom! Our shower curtain rod was coming out of the wall and the bathroom door would not close. We mentioned it and it was fixed (including paint) that same day! Breakfast was decent - across the street but plenty of food with good choices. Not too far from downtown Bar Harbor.

Dear Gale
We appreciate the time you took to write a review of our Bar Harbor Quality Inn. It was great to see you were able to mention a situation and our maintenance were able to solve it the same day.