“Away from the crowds”
other travellers have booked this property
Sitting area/living room
Fuly equipped kitchen that opens onto deck wrap-around deck off kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sitting area/living room
Fuly equipped kitchen that opens onto deck
wrap-around deck off kitchen
This is my home
magnolia off the deck
Master with queen bed
twin bedroom
deck with grill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rochester NY
“Away from the crowds”
Reviewed July 11, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Bar Harbor / Acadia NP was crazy with traffic and people so it was great to have such a nice place to come "home" to. The home was on the quiet side of the island with a 20 to 30 minute drive to get to popular island places.
The kitchen was well appointed and a pleasure to cook in. There were a few spices and oils left from previous renters but you do need to bring every thing else including hand soap, tissues, and extra TP and paper towels. The gas grill was great.
There is no air conditioning and it was a little muggy but with the windows open at night it cooled right down downstairs. We like it cold when we sleep so we brought additional fans to compliment the ceiling fan in the bedrooms and we used the provided tower fan in the downstairs during the day.
The internet, cable TV worked great. There is a radio / CD player provided in the kitchen.
The washer and dryer combo helped lessen the work ahead of me at home and the shower had good water pressure.
Diane was there to ask questions (coasters are in the cupboard next to the glasses) or by email.
Tips for Acadia NP - parking is very limited so it is kinda like Disney pick the thing you most want to do that day and get there early (by 9 to 9:30) or you may not get parking. There are buses that go around the park that you can catch and park in the visitors center (but this fills up as well) so this may be an option to consider. Sand beach and Jordan Pond are very popular places. We took a carriage ride and it was nice to hear the history and kayaked 6.5 mile with a firm at 39 Cottage St. Restaurants we visited were the Irish pub in Bar Harbor by the water and Jeannies Maine Experienxe breakfast. Atlantic brewing company and Mainely Meat is just 0.5 mile from the rental right behind the Town Hill Market and we enjoyed there craft beer. But don't expect to fill your own growler if it has a logo on it.
We couldn't see or do everything in our week so hope to come back some day.

23 Jul 2017
Thankk you for your kind words. Yes the town can get pretty busy and that is why I chose to live out 13 minutes where you can easily access everything. I hope you do consider me on a return trip, I would love to have you.
Deaandyh
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“PERFECT place for a family of four!”
Reviewed July 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We read all the reviews before booking this rental and it still surpassed our expectations! This home is located in a quiet location yet near to town and Acadia National Park. The house is very clean and beautifully decorated. It has a cozy layout with plenty of cabinet and closet space. It was a pleasant surprise that each bedroom to had a walk-in closet to hang up clothes or store your luggage.
One concern I had was that July is the busy season for Bar Harbor. However, while downtown can be very busy, it was nice to have a quiet retreat.
Another concern was that many warned of black flies this time of year. So, I came prepared with various types of bug sprays but I don't remember seeing any on our entire trip!
This was definitely a vacation to remember. We explored Acadia National Park, saw the sunrise on Cadillac Mountain, enjoyed the rock and sandy beaches, took a ride on horse and carriage and learned about Rockefeller bridges, shopped antique stores, and explored Fort Knox. The kids spent hours at the Wild Acadia rope course and zip lines.
A week was not enough time to explore this area. We will definitely be back!

Roy P
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Lovely place to stay away from the main town. Great for travelling around the area. Plenty of room and the kitchen was well equipped. Superb accommodation would recommend it to anyone. However, although advertised as 2 bathrooms the ground floor bathroom only had a toilet and sink. The only problem we had was picking up the key as we did not receive arrival instructions.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The general layout of the property and free wifi
Liked least: Although advertised as 2 bathrooms the 2nd bathroom was only a toilet and sink. Also, deposit requested a long time before arrival.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Oct 2013
Roy, Thank you very much for your review. Yes, when listing bathrooms with Flip key there is no choice for 1/2 bath.It tells you to include 1/2 bath in my count. Then you click on details and scroll down to bedrooms and bathrooms. In bathroom details it clearly tells you there is a 1/2 bath on the 1st floor with W/D. As far as arrival instructions, god bless you flying from the UK to Maine without any. If I had anything to do with this I highly apologize. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Diane
Ma.
Reviewed September 22, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway
22 Sep 2013
It was a pleasure having you and hope to see you next year.
Yaphank
Reviewed September 12, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
PA
Reviewed October 1, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
1 Oct 2012
Thank you Marilyn, You were such fun and hope to see you again.
Make sure to remember my email address or phone number.
Diane
Lititz PA
Reviewed August 4, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing