We stayed 2 nights at the Edgewater and were very pleased with the motel. It is located on beautiful Frenchman's Bay and the view is spectacular. This was our first trip to Bar Harbor and Acadia -- so we were busy trying to get everything in -- so didn't get to enjoy just relaxing on the porch. Their location is convenient to all the major attractions -- but located in a very quiet area. Would definitely recommend this to other visitors to the Bar Harbor area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine