All reviews salisbury cove full kitchen lobster boats sea view acadia national park charcoal grill low tide come home lawn chairs place to stay frenchman's bay king bed comfortable chairs acadia and bar harbor short drive memorial day weekend in town
Reviewed April 6, 2017

We stayed at one of the second floor cabins at the very edge of the property, bounded by a forest, with a nice little balcony for viewing the cove. The furnishings in our room were a little grandmotherly but it was roomy, clean and comfortable. And that balcony was just so peaceful with lapping waves and a billion stars winking overhead. Some nice places to sit and muse close to the water are spread across the property. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We recommend a second floor balcony roof at the edge of the property, next to a forest.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SonnyBeach1
Reviewed February 5, 2017

The view is amazing. After a 9 hour drive to Maine (with a toddler no less) this was a little slice of heaven. It was so calm, beautiful, quiet, and tranquil. I couldn't sing the praises louder. The room was pretty large and spacious even though we had a pack n' play (provided by the hotel with sweet baby bedding). Bathroom was modern and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Hard to get onto the Island Explorer bus though. You have to walk a little ways (not far at all) and go across a busy road. When we got up there with our stroller, we decided not to play Frogger with our child's life and walked back for the car. Honestly, it was fine. There were plenty of parking spots on side roads in Bar Harbor where you had to walk a little further to get to eateries and to the waterfront. The whole time we were there we kept talking about bringing our relatives to vacation there in the future. Wish I was back there now!

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Chelsea H
Reviewed January 25, 2017

This is one of the most beautiful, relaxing places I've ever had the pleasure to visit. My wife and I have the same birthday and we go away for a few days every year to celebrate. We often stay locally (New England) and had never been to Bar Harbor. What a find! This place is right on the water (our favorite sort of getaway). The cabin we had (#1) is really right on the water. It felt like we were the only ones there. There is a huge fireplace which we lit every night. The innkeeper delivered wood for us every day and we certainly kept him busy! There's a great little table and chairs just outside where we sat and watched the light change over the water. Just heaven! We loved it so much that we are planning to spend this year's birthday there as well (a first for us). I can't recommend this place enough. It's close to Acadia and a reasonable cab ride into town (if you are worried about drinks with dinner). But honestly, I could have spent every day just sitting by the water and every night by the fire. So wonderful!

Room Tip: We loved cottage #1 but I don't think there's a bad spot on the entire property.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2017

I am so pleased to be able to recommend this motel. My husband and I stayed in one of the cottages and what a treat to come back after a long day of hiking the nearby Acadia National Park. We arrived shortly before the tourist season and literally felt as though we had the entire island to ourselves. The cottage was clean and very peaceful and the price just cannot be beat, plus it offers a lovely waterfront view. Nothing fancy, mind you, but all of the basic comforts of home and the owners were both helpful and very friendly, just full of recommendations. Just minutes away from Acadia National Park as well as downtown Bar Harbor, this was a perfect location. At night, you can settle in for stargazing and listen to the waves, such a relaxing stay. I hope to be back and I would recommend this motel to all of my friends.

Room Tip: The cottages are separate and closer to the water.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elvisaintdead78
Reviewed November 2, 2016

Cozy place where we felt very welcome, the owners were very competent and informed us about the best places to visit in Acadia Park. We had the most beautiful water view from our cottage and porch.
Quiet and peaceful area. We would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: best views and a peaceful place
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple