“Cozy Retreat”

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
NJ
“Cozy Retreat”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed here overnight and were very pleased with everything. We had a long drive and were going to miss check-in. The staff were very helpful when I called and walked me through the late check-in process. We ended up getting there in time and the lady was very helpful, giving us a map and orienting us to our location in relation to downtown.
The room was clean and comfortable, with a great semi-private sitting area on the balcony outside of our room. A nice bonus was the mini-fridge inside the room, which we used to keep our leftovers from dinner.
The inn was easy to find and downtown Bar Harbor was a pleasant 5 minute walk away. I would definitely consider staying here again if I was to return to the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Maine
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I am a local and was recently tasked with booking high-quality, budget-friendly accommodations for two professional colleagues I hosted for a few days. I chose the BH Manor because I drive by it a lot and can see that the location and quality are top notch (really well maintained!), but the prices were still reasonable for the area.

After a couple of days I asked how the hotel was working out for my colleagues (I was paying, and you never know!). They said they felt like they were staying in the Taj Mahal! They raved about the tile in the bathrooms, the fireplace in each of their rooms, the furniture, the towels, the sheets, the wireless internet, the space, the hominess, the location, the porches, and the staff. Wow! I didn’t expect this. They also really liked the privacy of the side street it is on, while appreciating the proximity to the natural foods store, grocery store, restaurants, and center of town (it is 2 blocks from the famous sandbar in the bay that gives Bar Harbor its name and often traps unwary visitors on an island at high tide).

My colleagues are coming back next week and I have booked them again at BH Manor, this time with the kitchen suites. They are very excited, they have stayed in other places in town on other occasions and nothing compares to this. I’m thrilled because they are already writing me to thank me for the choice and I feel like a million bucks.

My husband and I travel all winter; I have very high (5 star) standards and rely on TripAdvisor quite religiously to help me choose places to stay. It hasn’t steered me wrong yet. Of course you have to read between the lines…recognize the people who are complaining because their mate was cranky vs. the people who are judging the quality and the service as it really stands. As a TripAdvisor “regular”, I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to visitors to this area. I can’t imagine you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are a wide variety of choices; talk to the owners, they are very helpful and will help match y...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank skypath
pa.
Reviewed 25 August 2011

clean,reserved parking place was great.staff VERY friendly and helpfull.had the king suite with the full kitchen.short walk to everything which was a good thing for us.if you need a taxi it will cost you $5 anywhere you want to go in town.stewmans has an early bird special for lobster dinner $15 or you can be adventurous and take a short drive to trenton maine and go to the trenton bridge lobster pound on bar harbor road.you won't be disappointed.we would def. stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Greenville, NC
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Great location for visiting BH; short walk to main restaurant/etc area. The hotel is very clean and the desk staff was very helpful & friendly (on a rainy day, a gentleman kindly offered us rain panchos; on another day they were very attentive when I mentioned we had some difficulty opening a cabinet under the sink).

We rented a room with two queen-size beds (for three people, my wife, our daughter, and me) and were very comfortable. While perfectly functional, the furnishings of the room could be updated.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Philip R
East Coast
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel in May 2011. I knew that I would arrive after the front desk closed for the night and the hotel was more than happy to set up alternate arrangements for check-in.

The hotel website photos are an accurate depiction of the Hotel Guest Room. It was clean and comfortable. There was very little sink counter space, which may be an area of concern for those who need a lot of sink counter space. The sink was separate from the W.C. and shower/tub, which is convenient.

Parking was ample and the free wireless internet signal was strong and fast. This hotel is less than a 5 minute walk to the Hannaford's grocery store, and the porch area outside the room was nice for having breakfast before heading out to Acadia National Park.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank otsumami
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Nice, but not exceptional, rooms. No breakfast included.
But a great location to drive to Acadia National Park and to see all the sights of Bar Harbor. Quiet spot far from the cruise ship dock. Many restaurants within a few blocks. Friendly staff and free parking.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soulefulltraveler
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We would stay here again!!! It is on a quiet side street but just a few blocks to downtown..an easy walk. It is quaint, clean and affordable.

• Stayed July 2011