We arrived to find our room key left in an envelope on the front desk with no one around. Apparently, the owners went out of town for a few days right before we arrived and left a very young lady in charge. She was very nice but extremely inexperienced and rarely available at the front desk. Our room was lovely with a couple of exceptions - no shade/blind over the bathroom window and a small, very old tv with the picture tube going so half of the picture was green and half was yellow.
After phoning the owners, the solution offered was a large piece of material to drape over the valance in the bathroom; luckily it was large enough to cover the opening. This completed, I returned to the front desk to request extra towels. Due to no one being available, I left a note asking the towels be left on the counter for us to retrieve. No towels were left so we made do with the 2 in the room. The next morning when we managed to catch the young lady at the desk, she said she didn't see our note until the morning but would leave extras ones for us. We went out for the day and returned that evening to find that the owners had returned. An apology was offered for the window treatment with the explanation that a replacement "was on order". We again asked for the towels and the owner accompanied us to the room to get some for us. We opened the room door to find that the room had never been attended to that day, despite our placement of the "please make up our room" sign on the door knob. Again, a feeble apology from the owner along with the towels. We discovered additional towels were previously placed in the bathroom so it was obvious that the young lady had finally dropped them off but neglected to have the room cleaned.
With some improvements, the room would be great. The location of the Inn was nice but too far to walk to the center of town or the pier. The service left much to be desired; the owners need to be sure someone who is qualified is available if they are not. A nice place but needing some attention to details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial-style inn within minute's walk to Bar Harbor's waterfront, restaurants, shops, and bike and kayak rentals. One mile to Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain, and Kebo Valley Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Quimby House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quimby House Hotel Bar Harbor
- Quimby Hotel Bar Harbor
- Quimby Bar Harbor
- Quimby House Inn Bar Harbor, Maine