Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews perfect location in town dorr mountain off season shops and restaurants cadillac mountain hotel is located queen room hot tub reception area comfortable bed great place to stay minute drive visiting bar harbor national park acadia downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2021 via mobile

I’m leaving Bar Harbor tomorrow and I can already say that I’ll be booking here next time I’m in the area! Being right downtown is such a great convenience, and honestly I bet it’s worth the cost in summer. Plenty of parking, and it feels more like a home than a hotel. Everything is cozy, with modern and old-world touches all around, including antique books everywhere! Honestly my favorite touch was the white noise machine in my room; it definitely helped me relax! I was also very appreciative of the front desk staff helping me with things to do, since it’s the off season. Staff is wonderful, it’s open year round, and it’s perfectly clean. 10/10 would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Room tip: In general, Bar Harbor is mobbed in the summer. I prefer late spring and fall.
Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Peter Hastings, General Manager at Acadia Hotel - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2021

Hello,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. It is great to hear we met your expectations and went beyond them. I'm glad you enjoyed the white noise machine, a new addition to our rooms! Our staff is knowledgeable about the area and more than happy to give recommendations on where to go, any time of the year!
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 15, 2021

We love the off season prices. The Hot tub was a special treat. Also the assortment of books and hot beverages thru out the day.
The staff is very helpful with suggestions for restraunts and getting around Bar Habor.
The location is suberb, everything is walking distance including the ocean harbor walk.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank LLLL2222
Peter Hastings, General Manager at Acadia Hotel - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed the fun surprises we have for our guests at the hotel. Our location is definitely conveniently located to the harbor and downtown.
We hope you visit us again!

Reviewed March 5, 2021 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Acadia Hotel, in the Cadillac Mountain Suite. It was a beautiful, clean and comfortable room. It’s so neat that it was a ship captain’s house and renovated into the hotel. It had a feeling of home to it which we loved. The jacuzzi tub was perfect! The bed was very comfortable and the front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is in a perfect location if you want to be in downtown Bar Harbor, right next to all of the shops and restaurants. We loved that we could walk across the road and be at our favorite coffee shop, Choco-Latte. Thanks for a special stay for our anniversary, Acadia Hotel!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter Hastings, General Manager at Acadia Hotel - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review! I'm glad you enjoyed staying in the Cadillac Mountain Suite, a favorite room among our guests. Our location is definitely convenient to all the shops and restaurants downtown. I'm glad you had a short trip to your favorite coffee shop!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2021

We loved our stay here. Staff was so thoughtful and the room sunny and bright. Located right in downtown with a Maine feel (says a Mainer!) Especially in a cold snap, our trek to Bar Harbor was a needed treat.

Date of stay: January 2021
Peter Hastings, General Manager at Acadia Hotel - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2021

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you were able to get away and enjoy a fun stay at our hotel. Bar Harbor is a wonderful place to visit in the winter!
Come see us again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2021

I made a slightly impulsive, last-minute decision, as a solo woman traveler, to drive from Boston to Bar Harbor through the night and spend some time at Acadia. I found the Acadia Hotel and was able to book online instantly for am amazing rate (it is the off season, after all). I chose the option to pay at the hotel.

I then called to explain I likely wouldn’t arrive until 3 AM, which I was worried about, because I wasn’t sure how late the desk would be staffed at a small inn like this. I was prepared to cancel if it would inconvenience anyone. I spoke to a lovely and warm young woman who assured me it would be no problem at all, and that someone was available 24/7 to assist guests.

I arrived a bit later than I anticipated, and upon walking into the warm and cozy lobby, I found a hand written envelope addressed to me, with instructions on how to access my room, and encouraging me to get some rest and check in with the desk in the morning. Everything from the signage upon arrival to the instructions I received were clear and simple, and getting to my room was a breeze.

My room was lovely and serene, with all the comforts I needed (white fluffy towels, nice toiletries, an info card with local attractions, etc). It had a Juliette balcony and big floor to ceiling windows, with privacy/room darkening panels in case I wanted some extra shut eye.

When I woke up, I got ready and headed down to the lobby where I found another young woman tidying up (the place was immaculately clean!). She greeted me immediately and met me at the desk, where I told her my room number and explained that I still had to pay! Without looking at her computer, she instantly knew my name, asked me what brought me to the area, and how I was settling in.

She then gave me a great breakfast recommendation (Choco-Latte!) that was open for pickup. The coffee and food were delicious and just what I needed before venturing into the park. The hotel’s location is supreme, right in the middle of the town square of Bar Harbor. During peak season, I imagine it bustling with life and happy people going in and out of shops, galleries, restaurants, etc. EVERYTHING was walkable, but the free, easy parking at the hotel was a plus.

I really appreciated the personal, intimate feeling at the Acadia Hotel as it’s not what I’m used to. I’m usually put up in big chains, which I don’t mind at all and which can have their perks, but there’s something to be said for a smaller place with dedicated staff that can really make you feel at home.

I look forward to coming back to Bar Harbor, and when I do, I’m running straight back to this place. Thank you to the team for making me feel so welcome.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Peter Hastings, General Manager at Acadia Hotel - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing us a wonderful review. We do try and make sure our guests feel welcomed and comfortable; I'm glad we were able to help you feel this way!
We look forward to seeing you again!