Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cadillac room the inn keeper sun room within walking distance quiche stay there again cookies breakfast was delicious b bs off season cadillac mountain every morning town porch accommodations suggestions fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2020 via mobile

The Elmhurst Inn embodies New England elegance, tradition, and hospitality. The rooms are lovely, comfortable, and well appointed. Breakfasts were absolutely delicious and featured three courses. We cannot say enough about Cheryl, the manager, who serves as concierge, receptionist, waitress, and in any other capacity needed. Our stay was truly phenomenal!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2020

I love this place so much!! It’s gorgeous, the rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated with antique furniture. I love how historic the place is too (originally from 1878). I’ve stayed in three different rooms and I loved all of them. One of them had a little reading room/sun room which was awesome and the other one had a fire place which was functional and they were so thoughtful that they left a fire log and matches there for me so I made a fire and it was so romantic!

Everything is thought of at this place. They have fresh flowers everywhere, hot water and a selection of teas and also coffee available at any time, mini fridge... Anything you need is there.

The dining room for breakfasts is absolutely gorgeous and full of sun and the breakfast is DELICIOUS (all the guests were saying that, not just me). Their quiche was so good I had to ask for a recipe! And it’s all served in a beautiful classy way.

But the best part about it was honestly Cheryl, the inn keeper. The NICEST person you’ll meet and she went absolutely above and beyond to help me with anything I needed I didn’t have a car there and one day I couldn’t find an Uber/cab to take me to Cadillac mountain. Cheryl immediately offered to take me, drove me all the way up in the afternoon and then picked me up in the evening. Unbelievable. You don’t see that kind of kindness in this world anymore.

Thank you so much, Elmhurst inn, I had the BEST time and I will be back soon again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2020

Just lovely. Our room (Cadillac Room) was beautiful. Clean, spacious, It couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast every morning was delicious and there were even cookies for late snacks. Gas station and a grocery store right around the corner and everything was walkable. We took a late night stroll and felt very comfortable with the neighborhood. Parking was ample and the grounds were peaceful and so quiet. If we return to Bar Harbor I'll be staying here again. Loved it!!

Room tip: No elevator so everything gets dragged up the stairs. Pack light.
Reviewed August 16, 2020

My fiance and I stayed at the Elmhurst Inn in early August and loved it! Cheryl was very friendly and had excellent Covid accommodations - she served us breakfast outside on the porch and had a system of resupplying the rooms without coming in to clean. The breakfasts were delicious, some of the best breakfasts we've had while staying at b&bs. Upon our arrival, we told her we don't eat traditional bacon and she immediately offered to get turkey bacon for the next day's breakfast. My fiance proposed while we were in Acadia, and Cheryl gave us champagne to celebrate, which was super sweet. We will definitely return someday!

Reviewed August 5, 2020

This is a cozy bed and breakfast on a quiet block. The place is very clean and the host Cheryl is very nice and helpful. Homemade breakfast is delicious! Quick 10 minute walk into the town of Bar Harbor.

Room tip: stay on 2nd or 3rd floor - 1st floor is noisy
1  Thank srlewinter