“5 Stars!!”

A Slice of Eden Pastry Shop
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Description: A wonderful Bakery and Bagel sandwich shop. Everything is made on premises. Gluten-free and vegan options available. Espresso Drinks and Specialty coffees are available.
Reviewed June 10, 2017

First off, I will start by saying that I've been an avid Starbucks drinker for over 5 years. I love Bar Harbor but it has been rough adjusting to no Starbucks on the island.
Well- I found my replacement! Slice of Eden's Iced Coffee (Their White Raspberry Mocha) is almost identical to what I get at Starbucks.

Don't even get me started on those Cake Donuts... literally the best think since sliced bread. These donuts melt in your mouth and they're super filling!

My personal favorite are their breakfast sandwiches, I always get the Bacon, Egg & Cheese croissant and it's worth every penny.

I highly recommend visiting here!

1  Thank Samantha W
Jason G, Owner at A Slice of Eden Pastry Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

We are so glad you have found us to fill your local need for your white raspberry mocha. The cake donuts are a crowd favorite too. Thank you for visiting us and the review!

Reviewed May 16, 2017

We liked this place so much that we went twice. We purchased lunch, tea, and pastries 2 days in a row to take to the park to picnic. The staff was friendly and helpful, the prices were reasonable, and the food was delicious. I would absolutely go back there and recommend this place to my friends. There were tables to eat at, but it's a tiny shop so if you are a large party then I would recommend getting your food to go and eating at one of the scenic locations around town.

1  Thank Laura R
Reviewed April 16, 2017

This is mostly a pasty shop, as the name implies, but they make a small selection of sandwiches and a soup of the day, and both were great. In fact, it was probably one of the most satisfying meals we had in town, despite trying a bunch of fancier restaurants. There's not a lot of room to eat in the shop, so this is mainly a place to get some to go.

Jason G, Owner at A Slice of Eden Pastry Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Thank you for stopping in! We appreciate your review and hope you enjoyed some of the great sites Bar Harbor has to offer!
Jason

Reviewed March 2, 2017

I live and work in Bar Harbor and have passed this little cafe/pasty shoppe many times when going for a quick lunch. Today the special of tuna melt caught my eye. It is a tiny places with a table or two and stools at a counter. I had a terrific sandwich on home-made bagel with an excellent latte. The parties, baguettes, croissants also looked great. I suggested they needed larger plates since the sandwich was overflowing the small plate it came on. They were also nice enough at my request to serve the latte in a real cup. Would definitely suggest a stop for a pastry or lunch.

1  Thank Maine_Traveler74
Jason G, Owner at A Slice of Eden Pastry Shop, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Thank you for taking time to review us! We're excited you enjoyed your lunch and latte, and will make sure you have the right sized plate next time!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

We stopped in for a treat and ended up getting iced lattes, bagel BLT's and cream puffs for later. It was such a great find we came back the next day to get more cream puffs to take home with us for our friends! So friendly too, must stop in here for treats and coffee.

2  Thank devin h