Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,037 results
All reviews reading room oceanfront lodge ocean front terrace grill continental breakfast in town main building off season acadia national park cruise ship lobster walking path hard boiled eggs overlooking the water yogurt new england cookies
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed for 2 nights at the Bar Harbor Inn over Easter. The views and surrounding areas are beautiful. If you can opt for an ocean view room... you won't be disappointed. Check in was a breeze and the lady was super friendly and helpful.
Everything felt safe and clean. Staff wore masks (properly - no noses in sight!) and I saw regular cleaning in the main areas.

I ate in the hotel dining room both nights as not much open in the town.
One tip - even if you request a window seat when making a reservation - make sure when you check in with the hostess you request again. First night I was plopped what felt like the edge of the room and as a single diner it just made me feel uncomfortable. The 2nd night I waited in the bar (for about 10mins) and was able to get a window table. The food is fabulous but for vegan/vegetarian goers - there was not much option for the main course.
My only other wee complaint are the walls in the rooms are very thin. Had one night listening to a group having a mini party in the early hours!
Overall you won't be disappointed with this hotel and I can't wait to return. Thank you Bar Harbor Inn.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed November 17, 2020 via mobile

Ordered a surprised cake for my boyfriend and the Reading Room restaurant delivered a chocolate cake made with love— see picture. The front desk also helped us pick places where we wanted to go. And omg their continental breakfast was pick and pack whatever you wanted! Very generous inn! And on top of it was our room had a harbor view. Its room 203 in the main building. We came in November and we got lucky with summer weather. Hope I can visit again during summer if they have a good promo. We came during off season so the room was more affordable. Overall, Ill highly recommend this place. Thank you so much Bar Harbor Inn for your hospitality!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed November 15, 2020 via mobile

Lovely hotel centrally located with amazing views. I highly recommend staying in the ocean view rooms. Well worth it!. Rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very helpful. Would definitely go back again!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank LisaEddie
Reviewed November 4, 2020

Our family went to visit Bar Harbor and booked Bar Harbor Inn....we had a waterfront room and were excited to visit. The hotel is nicely done but likely originally a motor lodge....which is the perfect hotel set up in a Covid world--the rooms open directly to the parking lot (and ocean!). It was great to not need to go inside anywhere other than the room. Room was updated and clean. Breakfast was in pool building/by the pool which had amazing views and good open air/grab and go set up. Location was very central and terrific to walk around town. We did go to the main dining room which was very nicely and recently updated with a classic old school vibe...piano player was playing which had a terrific vacation feel to it. We had small minor plumbing issue and they came asap and were terrific. Great stay.

Room tip: Rooms on the water really are terrific views.
Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank Kristin K
Reviewed November 4, 2020 via mobile

We LOVED everything about Bar Harbor Inn. You are walking distance to everything in town. This place is beautiful with breathtaking views outside our patio door of the water. We enjoyed our fireplace in our room, the bed was very comfortable, we indulged in the two hot tuns outside overlooking the water as well. The restaurant at the Inn, The Reading Room, is so good. We had dinner and breakfast there. Best blueberry pancakes and muffin I have ever had! The shore path is along the back side of the inn and was a beautiful mile and a half walk - not to be missed!

Date of stay: October 2020