18 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
HolidayInn.com
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
US$114
SAVE US$13
Hotels.comUS$127
PricelineUS$127
eDreamsUS$127
1,572 results
All reviews main building typical holiday inn hot tub acadia national park great pool ocean front close to town bay mile shuttle maine
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2020

We booked this resort as we were looking forward to a trip to Acadia National Park. This hotel is a perfect distance from the park and right on the water. The cement building is rather drab looking for a resort. The accommodations are average. The pool and jacuzzi area are very nice. Our biggest complaint was dog noise! We stayed for four nights...little dogs yapping, big dogs barking, dogs barking at each other in the hallway at 7:00 AM. We are dog lovers and have a Great Pyrenese; however, she is more comfortable at home in her own environment with a petsitter when we travel. I do not want to sleep with other people's dogs - sure there are pet accidents and flea issues in a pet friendly resort. The worst is listening to dogs bark when you are on vacation, and being awakened at 7:00AM by a barking frenzy going on in the hallway. Never again! We mentioned to the front desk to be told that we could call them if we hear barking, and that Bar Harbor is a very dog friendly town. Once you are awakened, it is too late. Some people do not care that their dog is disturbing everyone's sleep.

3  Thank JPCDirector
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2020

Hi JPCDirector,

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback for our Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbor - Acadia Natl Park hotel. We're all about delivering quality service and making your stay inviting. It is a disappointing setback that we missed the mark in ensuring the level of comfort every guest should expect from an IHG hotel. I am sorry for the letdown.

We always challenge ourselves to be better and ensure that any issues highlighted be directed to the relevant teams. Your thoughts are taken into account and I am confident that our local ownership will use your feedback to monitor and enhance our services.

As opportunity would have it, we'll be happy to host you again to show you that we are committed to delivering True Hospitality.

Safe Travels,

Alice P

Reviewed October 17, 2020

We woke up after the first morning with bed bug bites. We notified the hotel front desk and requested to have a new room. They refused to accomadate and even claimed we could have gotten tick bites outside (except we were not even outside or hiking the day before--we drove straight from Portland to Bar Harbor and checked into the hotel at night).

There were also huge, black flying bugs in our room and we didn't even open the window or leave the door open.

WiFi wasn't working for an entire day and the room was right by the elevator and ice machine so we could hear a lot of noise.

1  Thank lindatravels7
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2020

Hi lindatravels7,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to leave us a review

It's concerning to learn that your stay fell below expectations due to the issues encountered with the bed bug bites and the service provided by our staff. I also hear your disappointment with the internet access, room allocation and with the noise disturbances. I understand this prevented you from having a comfortable stay. I have made the hotel management aware of your comments and I am confident that appropriate steps will be takes so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way. I would also like the chance to look into this for you so I have sent you a private message to get more details.

I hope this isolated event will not deter you from choosing IHG on your future travel plans!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed October 16, 2020 via mobile

See pictures for the “not clean” description. Also, bartender wore his mask below his nose the whole time and even moved the mask down below his mouth to yell across the room (as we were sitting in front of him at the bar??). Pizza chef was also wearing it below his nose.
Aside from that, see the picture for the “view” room we received. When i inquired about why our view was of the parking lot on the first floor instead of the water the answer was “it is a view of the foliage but if you have documentation saying it should be an ocean view please let me know.” Who in their right mind books any type of view and assumes it is a parking lot view...Also the internet connection drops every 5 minutes (seriously, 2-5 minutes) so it was impossible to get work done when we were in the room. Our key de-activated itself on the second day or our stay when we were checking out on the 3rd. Had our hands full and really had to use the bathroom which was inconvenient. But yes, see pictures for the stains and the clearly not-cleaned TV guide...wouldn’t say that’s very covid compliant.
Two stars instead of one because the other connected hotel has a great view and the restaurant prices are reasonable.

2  Thank Jen E
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2020

Hello Jen E,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations in our area of cleanliness and the room assigned was did not meet your preference. It is also saddening that our internet service was unsatisfactory. The circumstances you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with our property. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality facilities. Sorry that we fell below your expectations this time. Your feedback is very important and I will share the details with the hotel staff so we can make necessary changes to improve our facility. Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services and we hope to host you again soon.

Best,

Ronald R.
Case Magager

Reviewed October 14, 2020

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency for two nights. We saw that peak foliage was predicted for Maine and thought it would be a great opportunity to see Acadia for the first time, especially since all of our other trips were canceled this year due to COVID. A hiking trip seemed like a perfect way to get away without risking our health. We forgot it also was a holiday weekend. The Holiday Inn Bar Habor Regency was one of few hotels still available and we booked it because the reviews seemed decent. Overall, we ended up paying far too much for uncomfortable accommodations.

We arrived shortly after sunset after a 10.5-hour drive. En-route, we received two calls a few minutes apart confirming our arrival time. Check-in was a quick process. We had received notification from the hotel that we would need to fill out a form upon arrival as part of Maine's travel policies. We were exempt from the COVID testing requirement because we were from one of the states on the exempt list, but not from one of the states that were exempt from the form, so we expected it. No one gave us a form or even mentioned it. The staff at the front desk were pleasant and all were wearing masks. There were proper sanitization stations throughout public areas, including the front desk. There were markings to help guests maintain social distance.

We booked a standard room with one king bed but they ended up giving us a room with two queen beds. We're not picky so we didn't bother to complain after we saw the room. We had a first-floor room in one of the side buildings facing the pool and hot tub. The room wasn't fancy but it was clean and would have been adequate if its amenities had actually worked. The air conditioning barely cooled the room at all. The lowest setting was 68 and it was on some sort of energy-saving mode that would keep it on for only a few minutes to cool the area immediately surrounding the unit itself, but not the rest of the room, then shut off for 20 minutes. My husband and I both woke up in the middle of the night sweating, both nights that we stayed at the hotel. The windows were not able to be opened and we couldn't really leave the door to our balcony open because the noise drifting in from other guests was loud and there was no security for a door open on the first floor.

When we were able to sleep, the beds were ok comfort-wise. The shower had almost no water pressure so it took extra time for me to wash shampoo and conditioner out of my hair. I couldn't find the hairdryer so I ended up using my own. We never managed to get any of our devices to properly connect to their wifi with the password they provided. Every network we tried told us the password was incorrect and we were sure we had the correct credentials. Luckily, there was a fine signal with Verizon Wireless so we just used our phones' hotspots. There was only one trash can in the room, which was in the bathroom. I found it kind of odd, especially given the room had a table with two chairs facing one another (for dining?), but no trash can near it. The room had a small refrigerator which worked well enough. There was a tv but we didn't use it so I can't speak to its functionality. There was a k-cup machine in the bathroom, which is a huge pet peeve of mine because it's just so unsanitary. Why do some hotels think that's where they should go?

As if our sleep was sufficiently interrupted by the uncomfortable room temperature, the hotel decided to maintain their lawn at 8am on our last morning (after being kept up much of the night by the heat). Since we were on the first floor, it sounded as if their lawnmower was up against our window. They came around a second time about 20 minutes later with a weed whacker, so there was no trying to get some extra sleep before we left.

The one thing I liked about the hotel was its layout. The parking lot stretched around the entire front of the hotel, so there was parking near your room, no matter which building you were in. Our room was only a few rooms from the door, so we were able to park in a spot close to the door and lug our bags in. It was very convenient for hiking when we were hauling trail snacks and water in and out. Parking was sometimes difficult, though. When we returned at 10pm, we had to circle for 15 minutes or so before we found someone pulling out to get a spot. I don't know what we would have done if we had come back even later.

We had dinner at their restaurant La Bella Vita. The food was decent but the service was absurdly slow. Approximately 40 minutes passed from us sitting down until we received our drink orders, not even our appetizer! The menu was very limited, mostly just pasta and pizza, but the food we had was good. We just couldn't get over the slow service.

Besides the lack of form, I thought the hotel did a very good job of maintaining COVID safety standards. All of the staff wore masks and the guests seemed to be as well. They warned us they wouldn't be servicing rooms during the stays for safety reasons but we could call for any items we needed such as toiletries and towels. We felt safe during our stay.

The price per night was absurd for the type of accommodations. The first night was $419 and the second was $359. This would have been pretty outrageous for such basic accommodations normally, but without the ability to get some decent sleep, it was a total ripoff. The hotel was conveniently located in relation to the park but the same could probably be said for any hotel in Bar Harbor.

I doubt we would return to this location in the future.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms facing the pool if you want quiet
3  Thank WaitForIttttt
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2020

Hi WaitForIttttt,

Thank you for your candid review, highlighting not only the bad, but also the good points of your stay. I noticed you had an issue with the air conditioning unit in your room and the internet service during your stay. I apologize for your disappointment and for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments about the bathroom amenities have been noted. These will not go unnoticed as I have shared them with our teams to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortfalls. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we would love nothing more than to welcome you back and deliver an experience you'll be sure to remember.

Connie D

Reviewed October 12, 2020

I have to start that the hotel was adequate, although a bit over-priced considering services.My main complaint is front desk manager. On Friday Oct. 2, I had a breakfast of eggs Hollandaise. My wife and I go out for long walk. Several hrs. later I am having severe intestinal pain..I just mange to get to rest room and have a bad case of diarrhea A bit better and then about 1/2 mile later , the same pain and fortunately able to find rest room. If not it would have been worse embarrassment of my life . We get back to hotel and I go to desk to relay this episode. Desk person listens, says nothing. She goes in back, comes back with , what I take to be a manager. She tells me in no way was this the hotels problem. I could not possibly have had a food poisoning this quickly{ all of a sudden she is a Doctor???}My wife has worked in restaurants for a number of years and her thoughts were the sauce on eggs. I ask to have the breakfast taken off my bill, Absolute refusal.She has no skill in guest relations. All I expected was removal of this meal. Pathetic on how she treated me. No skill at all. I cannot believe that this person does what she is in position for here. Poorest treatment I have ever received. This woman needs a severe course in how to treat a GUEST. I would not recommend.

2  Thank thecloser
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2020

Hi thecloser,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience.We bring you a place where you can strengthen the family bonds.

I saw your feedback and I am sorry fir the difficulties that you had with how the manager handled your concerns, the food indigestion and the refusal to remove the breakfast on the bill. I shared your comments with our managers and they have taken the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. I sent you a private message so we can discuss your stay further.

I invite you to come and stay with us so we can rectify our errors.

Warm wishes,