15 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$149
eDreamsUS$149
Lol.travelUS$169
1,570 results
All reviews main building typical holiday inn hot tub acadia national park great pool ocean front close to town bay mile shuttle maine
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2020

We stayed here during a peak season so rates were extremely high, $250-$350. We therefore expected good if not great service, but did not get it. The internet was extremely unreliable and the staff could not have cared less. In fact they argued with me about how I shouldn't expect good internet in a national park area...OK, then don't promise it on your website! I finally found a place a mile down the road with good service. I later emailed the hotel manager to asked for a refund of one night because of the issue which caused me lots of stress and time away from vacation, so I could make an important Zoom meeting. Management didn't even bother to respond to my request or apologize for the issue. Also, the hotel is dated and we found carboard packaging under one bed, meaning it hadn't been cleaned.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Veeger
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2020

Hello Veeger,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I want all aspects of your visit to be pleasant, and I am sorry to learn that the internet service and level of cleanliness of the room received fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust that the steps that will be taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed November 13, 2020

last minute trip to Bar Harbor, found a dealt to stay here and was not disappointed. very easy to find. Loved how close it was to Bar Harbor. Staff were helpful with directing us on things to do and how to navigate the cab services as there aren't many Lyfts or ubers in the area. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed November 1, 2020

I booked 3 days with a leisure room which is more expensive than the standard room. When they give the room, it was a parking site view. So upgraded room to an ocean view with paying extra $50 for each night but they gave ground floor and barely ocean view since all gardens and jacuzzi were blocking the view (we had to hear all the noise from the people outside).
We complained but the staff told no more rooms. We didn’t want to spend our vacation to keep arguing for the room and just left all the luggage and came back to the room at night, and found the room is so dirty and the internet doesn't even work.

1.Internet: The information on this hotel shows “Free Wifi” in all rooms but the wifi worked for 3 minutes and never worked at all. Since I had to work at night with overseas office and I asked staff I really need internet but they keep saying the internet in this hotel doesn't work and didn't even care.

2.Cleaness: Please refer to all the photos in my room and it is speechless. All dust, the mold, paint was falling off and even spider web in the room. I really recommend not to go to this hotel at all!!!!

3.Manangement: The refrigerator should be inside of the brown cabinet and the cabinet was broken and the refrigerator is outside of the room. It was not bothering me much but at least they should explain before giving the room and excuse it.

4.Staff: I have stayed from cheap hotels to high-end hotels but I have never seen rude and unprofessional staffs like in Holiday Inn Resort in Bar harbor. We wanted to cancel the last 1 night due to cleanness and wifi issues but the staff didn’t care. We asked to talk with the manager and everybody was saying they are a manager and lying to us.

1  Thank 964sunhwap
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2020

Hello 964sunhwap,

Thank you so much for your nicely elaborated review. Our priority is to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean environment for all our guests. I'm sorry to see we did not achieve this goal on this occasion. I want to offer you my apologies for the issues with the internet, cleanliness and the staff. I have notified our management about all these issues and sent you a PM to discuss it a bit further.

We are pleased to have hosted you and would love to do so again in the future. We can't wait to show you all the changes and improvements that will happen based on your feedback.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed October 24, 2020

We stayed here for one night during our travels through New England. The hotel was packed. There was no enforcement of masks. People were everyone without masks. That was a concern since I was traveling with elderly family members. The room was dusty. I do not believe the rooms are being cleaned thoroughly. There was hair in the sink and on the bathroom floor. Disappointed that cleaning is not a top priority during COVID. The hotel was noisy. I would not stay again.

Date of stay: October 2020
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2020

Hi scubabug,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us feedback on your most recent visit.

While I am glad to see the high score, you gave in terms of service, I'm sorry to read that your stay didn't cut it due to the issues encountered with wearing of masks in the common areas not strictly enforced, upkeep of the room, and the different noise levels. The experience you described certainly isn’t what we want for any guest. I have forwarded your concerns with the hotel management for review and this will be useful in our endeavor to continually monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to ensure an impeccable stay for all our guests in the future.

We hope that you give us another chance and provide you with an outstanding stay that you deserve!

Best regards,

Jonathan A

Reviewed October 22, 2020 via mobile

The hotel grounds are nice. The hot tub and pool are great. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel. We had pizza and it was excellent. The bed is comfy. The hotel is older and not updated which is not a big issue but the lack of cleaning is a major problem. We have been here three days and I’ve yet to see them vacuum the floors in the hallway. It’s extremely dusty outdoor and inside the rooms. Our bathroom and bedroom area is dusty. The mirror wasn’t cleaned well in the bathroom. The floor by the door had lint around it. We travel extensively and this hotel was definitely one of the poorer kept properties. Also it is not peak tourist season and covid has stopped daily room cleaning so there’s absolutely no reason the main areas of the hotel can not be properly cleaned.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kcdc00
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2020

Hello kcdc00,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

I am happy you appreciate our hotel grounds, pool area, and restaurant. It is also great that the bed was comfortable. I understand your displeasure with the cleanliness of both the room and hallway. I am genuinely sorry for the letdown. Trust that our hotels do their best to ensure an exceptional experience for all our guests. I will immediately share your feedback to our hotel’s upper management for review and improvements in our amenities and services.

It will be our pleasure to accommodate your stay once again should your travels bring you back in the area.

Best,