“A 5 star apartment with a 5 star host.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Guest Suite

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coffee & Tea
Heated Tile in Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Sue E
London, United Kingdom
“A 5 star apartment with a 5 star host.”
Reviewed September 12, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We loved our time at Donna’s apartment in San Francisco. Donna was a fabulous host and although we declined a car trip to the grocery store on our arrival (we had been travelling for 14 plus hours) we were grateful for the guided walk round the neighbour that she took us on, introducing us to a great upmarket food store and pointing out all the great restaurants.

The apartment is very comfortable and a real home from home. There are not really any cooking facilities other than a microwave, but to be honest there are such great restaurants in the area who would want to cook!

It was a real bonus to stay in a neighbourhood of San Francisco rather than downtown or on the bay with all the other tourists and there is a great bus service which stops a couple of doors down from Donna’s and takes you right into the heart of all the downtown areas which takes just 15 mins.

I cannot recommend this apartment highly enough and Donna will go to any length to make you feel welcome.

Your age range 50-64
14 Sep 2018
Dear Sue & Robert, Thank you for your generous, lovely review and your feelings about the apartment. I agree that staying in a neighborhood is so much nicer than a congested downtown and it gives one the sense of what it would be like to live in a particular place. !'m glad that you saw the reality that the apartment is a part of my home and not just a slapped together rental with only the bare minimum of amenities and thought put into it. I hope to see you again.
Lorraine...
“A beautiful home away from home!”
Reviewed June 26, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This suite is absolutely lovely, as is its owner!
It is conveniently located on a major bus route so we found it easy to get around the city. It is tastefully decorated (loved the orchids) and equipped with everything we needed. The suite was so comfortable after long days of sightseeing.
Donna is the perfect host. When sunburn set in, Donna thoughtfully provided aloe lotion, sunscreen and a sun hat. She truly cared about our comfort throughout our stay. She knows so much about restaurants and entertainment in the city. Her tour of Sonoma was lovely and we enjoyed all of the wineries she chose for us to visit. She is so knowledgeable and interesting, the drive was a beautiful way to spend the day.
We definitely recommend The Guest Suite to anyone travelling to SanFrancisco and hope to stay with her again.

11 Jul 2018
Dear Lori and Mark,
Thank you seems inadequate as a response to your kind review. I was fortunate that you allowed me to be a part of your trip. Interaction with guests is my favorite part of hosting and you were generous with your time. I believe we all benefited by it. I do hope to see you again,
Donna
donwil65
Vancouver, Canada
“Great host and good.”
Reviewed June 19, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Donna is the consummit host. She met me when I arrived and then took me for groceries. She offered to take me to the science centre in golden gate park and would have paid for the entrance. She is hands off bit there when you need her. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

3 Jul 2018
Thank you, Don, so glad to hear that you liked your stay. You make me sound too generous. We like to support The California Academy of Sciences and the Fine Arts Museums with our membership, and they allow us to take guests in for free. Their admissions are $35 and $25, so I do like to take advantage of the ability to get guests in for free, but I don't have to pay for a guest. I only have to show up with you for you to get in for "free".
BlairConr...
Waterloo, Canada
“A great stay with a great host”
Reviewed March 31, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

A great place to stay. The bedroom is at the back of the unit, so there was no street noise. San Francisco's big, so you can't walk everywhere, but the apartment is central, and steps away from a #5 Muni bus stop, which runs the breadth of the city—so convenient. There's no stove, but there's a coffee maker, microwave, dish washer, a great toaster, and a full-sized fridge! One (very minor) downside is that there's no bedside lamp, so if you read in bed, bring an e-reader.

The absolute highlight of the apartment, though, was Donna. She's a wonderful host. On our first day, she bundled us into her car and took us grocery shopping, and even bought us special decaffeinated coffee. On another day, on hearing that we'd been planning to visit the de Young, she drove us to Golden Gate Park, pointed out some sites (including us all getting out to look at the bison) and then used her membership to get us into the museum as her guests (with access to the special exhibits)! And throughout our visit, she was more than happy to give advice about where to go and what to do and how to get there.

1 Apr 2018
Dear Blair, Marryat and "Happy", A host is only as good as the guests allow them to be, so I was lucky to have you allow me to do a little extra for you. In that spirit I am looking for a bedside lamp, to make avaiable to any guest requesting one. Since I do not read in bed, there will certainly be a learning curve involved, but I hope I get the right light on the first try. <]:O)
PSZ2
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Quiet elegance with an wonderful hostess”
Reviewed March 9, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

My daughter and I just returned from a 4-night stay in San Francisco. Donna was gracious enough to pick us up from the airport (for a nominal charge) and took us on a mini-tour and up to Twin Peaks for a breathtaking view of the city before dropping us off at The Guest Suite.

The suite is located on a quiet residential street near several coffee shops and markets. We used Uber to get around the city and found that the location was not more than 15 minutes from any of the sights we wanted to take in. There was a bus stop just down the street too.

The accommodations were very clean and extremely tasteful with a European feel. The bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing! The kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee and tea pots. Donna has a large garden in the back yard and we were able to watch the birds come to the feeder right outside the window. We took some great pictures in the garden.

Donna was a most excellent hostess. She emailed restaurant recommendations with pictures of some of the items from the menus and was available by phone if we had any questions. We enjoyed our conversations with her and appreciated her warmth and genuine personality.

We would definitely stay at The Guest Suite again....but next time will make our stay longer.

12 Mar 2018
That view was breathtaking, Pam and I hope to see your photos soon. I found your bread from The Mill, and it was hard as a rock, but the birds are now enjoying pieces of it, although they cannot appreciate it as much as we can. I would enjoy hosting you again, but perhaps in summer or fall, so you can really enjoy the garden. It's guests like you that make hosting such fun, so I thank you.
hawaiiros...
Nice, France
“A lovely place to stay right in the heart of San Francisco.”
Reviewed January 29, 2018 for a stay in August 2017

The guest suite is beautifully decorated, comfortable and clean. There is a lovely little garden with a seating area just outside the suite. The suite has a well equipped kitchen with a variety of coffee and tea provided free of charge. The bed was comfortable and the bedroom was peaceful and quiet allowing for a restful nights sleep. The location was ideal, close to many types of restaurants and cafes. The suite is near public transportation, so there is really no need to rent a car.
Donna, the owner, was very warm and welcoming. She was quite informative about nearby sights and attractions, She also provided excellent recommendations.
I am certainly looking forward to my next stay.

30 Jan 2018
Thank you, Katherine, it is so heartwarming to know that you really enjoyed your stay. I have another Thai restaurant to suggest for your next trip and a great place for bahn mi, although it will be difficult to top Le Soleil...I've been back 2 times already. You were a wonderful guest to allow me so much interaction. I may have enjoyed your trip as much as you did.
Michael B
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome SF stay in the guest suite”
Reviewed January 15, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Fantastic place in a great neighborhood (near all
The cool nopa
Restaurants and walking distance tommany other area). The decor is warm and cozy; little
Kitchen already well equipped w teas and coffees; beautiful bathroom and awesome
Shower and great little garden in the back. Donna is the perfect host; she was there for whatever you need ( even so generously gave me a ride to a bar on coast!) but stays out of the way if you want privacy! Bed is a bit firm for my taste; not a complaint just an observation. Would highly reccomend to single travelers and couples alike!

17 Jan 2018
Hi Mike, thank you for the kind words, and for the excuse to take a "Sunday ride" something I miss from childhood. Sorry you ended up with a winter garden, as it is not the most beautiful, but I was happy to discover that the rain let up enough to allow you a few minutes to use it. Did I mention that I designed the bathroom myself? :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing