“Well Worth a Visit”

US$49.00*
San Francisco Movie Sights City Tour
Ranked #23 of 564 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as the "crookedest" street in the world, the steep hills and sharp curves of this one-way road pass by grand Victorian mansions and attract millions of tourists each year.
Reviewed 28 August 2007

If you have a spare hour when in San Francisco then take a trip to the corner of Lombard Street and Leavenworth Street,
this is an amazing hill,
it is so steep and the switch backs are great fun to drive.
Also you get some amazing photos of the San Fran hills with Alcatraz in the background.......

3  Thank Barry D
Write a ReviewReviews (12,919)

Reviewed 11 July 2007

I enjoyed going down the Crooked St so much on my first visit to SF that I did it again upon my return almost a decade later.

The first time it was in the evening and we also walked up and down part of Lombard St.

On our recent visit we drove down on a Sunday afternoon which also meant getting stuck in a traffic queue. Well its certainly is a popular tourist attraction.

I tried my best to take some pictures from a moving car. Lombard St does have attractive houses and its well worth just idling by watching the cars snaking down the hill.

2  Thank PrestonGuild
Reviewed 16 May 2007

One must check out this spectacular street. It is also known as "the crooked street". The view on top is breathtaking.

4  Thank Danny R
Reviewed 14 November 2006

This street is interesting and pretty. But I am warning you, no vans are allowed to go down this street. We were not able to drive down because there was a sign that said this. The street is so curvy a van might not even fit between the curves. Our family is big, so we had a van.

The street is beautiful, and full of flowers. Since we were not able to drive down the street we parked nearby and started our hike to the street. We were at the bottom of the street, and the street was so steep, with so many little steps that most of the kids did not want to go up. So just a few of us did actually attempt to go. As I said, there are many steps, and the street is very steep so all of them are small and easy to trip over. Because it was such a steep hill, and there were others waiting for us, we only went about half way up. The view was quite nice though. But I cant say that we drove down the street.

2  Thank country-crosser
Reviewed 23 August 2006

This was the first thing we did when we drove into SF.
My dear husband INSISTED he drive down this street. I guess just to say he did it. "Hey I gunned it down the crookedest street in the world!" I can almost hear him say to his buddies at work. in reality, it was more like a snails pace...bumper to bumper inching slowly down. Very crowded. I diddnt mind. It gave me a chance to look at the beautiful flowers that are planted along the way. I can't imagine how the residents can get out of their homes with all the traffic, or how an emergency vehicle could ever make it there! As we passed each home I imagined living there, and then all of a sudden forgeting the milk I was suppossed to buy at the store and then having to go BACK through the traffic or worse the stairs to get it! Anyway...your best bet is to take a cable car there, then get off and take pictures. Or you can walk down the steps and take pictures when you get to the bottom. We saw all sorts of people taking pictures at the bottom and of course there I was smiling and waving from my car window..."CHEEEEEEEESE!"

7  Thank Teesa