“Unpretentious little, very fine restaurant”
Review of Koo Sushi

Koo Sushi
Ranked #996 of 5,982 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sunset
Reviewed November 5, 2016

Great hamachi, toro, shiro maguro (I measure the sushi restaurants on these cuts), nice sushi bar, very friendly service!

Reviewed October 25, 2016

Spectacular! Fresh fish is the key. I can not say enough about the quality of the fish. The creativity and love that goes into everything they do is apparent in every dish. No matter what you do have a spoonful of happiness!

Reviewed October 2, 2016

I live in Tokyo and often go to SF. Without fail, I always go to Sushi Koo because of the high quality, fresh sushi at decent prices. This place is authentic and the sushi chefs are all Japanese--which is very important as many sushi lovers would know. This place is comparable to many of the top end places in Tokyo, only it is in a more casual setting and a nice place to eat. Another dish I like is their tempura wakasagi which is just perfect.

1  Thank philerupPX
Reviewed August 29, 2016

This is my favorite Japanese place in San Francisco. Always fresh and prepared with dedication by talented chefs. The atmosphere is very warm and the staff very nice and helpful.

1  Thank Laure V
Reviewed December 22, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I chose this place because it was close to where we stayed in the city. I think we got lucky, because it is more affordable than spots near the union area and it was probably just as good. We had a few different rolls, but the salmon was so so so good. We've had sushi in several states and in Japan, and both really enjoyed this place! I'd return if I lived near!

1  Thank Danielle O