Hotel Rex San Francisco
  • Bar/Lounge
US$336
US$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$323
  • Bar/Lounge
US$229
US$209
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$279
US$265
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$322
US$249
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$344
US$220
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$191
HolidayInn.com
1,755 results
All reviewslibrary barfree glass of wineunion squaregreat locationboutique hotelsutter streeteach eveningsmall hotelwine receptionwine hourour honeymoonair conditionercable carcentral locationvalet parkingtwo blocksstreet noise
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I live in San Francisco but didn't want to be bothered ... with anything. I'm old. I needed a place close to Disposable Film Events ...They did a fabulous job with valet-ing my car. Very reasonably priced. I had room 705 top floor. Elevator. Warm. Spotlessly clean. Wi-fi worked beautifully. Large flat-screen tv. Wonderful service from the doorman, to counter staff, to assistance finding the film events, to help the next morning in the rain at the crack of dawn to get me out to sound engineering class. Yep! You heard it ! :-) Let's Joie de vivre

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Lovely. We stayed in a King Executive. As another reviewer stated, it was ideal in every way. I do wish there were a way to have a coffee maker in the room (perhaps a couple kept downstairs to be doled out for the coffee hound guests only). Max is the best fixture in the sweet lobby. The Friday night jazz is great and all in all just perfect for us. We're looking forward to returning when we have more time to explore all that SF has to offer.

Room Tip: King Executive is excellent, quiet and loved the back yard out the back window of Room 301.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 3 times and really enjoy it. I appreciate the details, such as the CDS of local music, welcome wine and friendly staff. This hotel is located in one of the "old"style San Francisco buildings, so the rooms tend to be small. But my style is to just have a place to sleep with want some comforts at night - so that I can relax after being out and about all day. The food is excellent, as is the cozy bar. Fortunately I have not had a problem with the cleanliness, its always been tidy and clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you can afford it, get the King Executive. We were booked in a Queen Deluxe on the 7th floor which was dark, cramped, dingy and felt its age. Fortunately it wasn't cleaned, nor was it clean 5 hours later when we returned, so we were graciously moved to a lovely King Executive on the 3rd floor: 2 windows, lovely view to the garden, spacious. I get that old hotels have character and history instead of level floors and big rooms, but it's the lack of value here I object to. I shopped a lot of hotels and paid extra, but was sorely disappointed with our original room. With the upgrade? Perfect. Otherwise, nice staff, good coffee, great location...maybe with the "book" theme they could have a shelf of borrowable books / old paperbacks down in the lobby...just a thought.....

Room Tip: If you can pay a little more, it's definitely worth it to book a King Executive.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deniseds
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at Hotel Rex San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Deniseds,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Rex on Tripadvisor. We genuinely value the feedback our guests provide - both when we get it right and when we fail to do so - as it is extremely helpful for us to discover areas in which we need to improve our service and operations.

Please do accept our apologies that your room wasn't ready at the time you arrived. I'm glad to hear that we were able to upgrade you and that you liked our King Executive rooms.

I would love to discuss this further with you. Please do contact me directly at 415.217.4023 or at lmaurer@jdvhotels.com if you wish to do so.

Kindest regards,

Lorenz Maurer
Hotel Rex
415.217.4023
lmaurer@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed 22 March 2012

very conveniently located near Union Square. Room was clean,comfortable and furnished in appropriate vintage decor. Only thing missing was an in rooom coffee set up. Excellent food at the wedding we attended...and also the buffet breakfast. Great helpful and friendly staff. A great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2012