US$327
US$395
US$351
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$252
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$287
US$263
US$218
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$299
Hotel Carlton
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Francisco Financial District(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$504
US$237
Official Site
1,774 results
All reviewslibrary barfree glass of wineunion squaregreat locationboutique hotelsmall hotelsutter streeteach eveningour honeymoonwine receptionwine hourair conditionercable carcentral locationaround the cornervalet parkingtwo blocks
Reviewed December 20, 2015

The employees at this hotel were extremely friendly and helpful, however I would probably never stay there again. I felt uncomfortable overall. The hotel was cramped, and the room felt as if it was on a slant. The linens didn't seem super fresh, and when we turned on the bathwater it came out with a brown/orange tint for a few minutes. Granted, we are not from "the city" in any regard, so maybe this is average for a $300 per night hotel.... we were just surprised. I wanted to leave a review because their website does not offer a lot of information.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brittany O
Reviewed December 11, 2015

Clean, simple and relatively quiet, Hotel Rex is decent value. No frills per se, but it's in a good location, the staff are great and there's a fun lounge for you sip your freebie drink in. I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank northvanmike
Dustin K, Manager at Hotel Rex San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Hello northcanmike,

Thank you for relaxing with us while you were in San Francisco. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

The free wifi was inadequate, so I paid $6.95 per day for the first-level upgrade, which helped. The room (queen bed) was sooo tiny, but adequate. Very clean, nice little extras, and close to the financial district where I had business, and close to Union Square. I'd stay here again (if I was alone - the room was too tiny to even share with my best-friend-husband). No drawers to put your clothes away, but a wardrobe with shelves and a safe, which was okay for my fairly-short visit. No smell - allergy friendly. Really nice and friendly staff and valet parking for a price.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank CaliforniaFern
Reviewed December 4, 2015

I have stayed at the Rex on two previous occasions. This past week I was selected to receive an award at a ceremony being held at the Marines Memorial and the Rex was once again my go to choice for hotels. On this trip I had the pleasure of sharing my experience with some of my family and as a result we ended up with four rooms. Without exception all of us raved about the comfort of our rooms, the beds, the decor, the beautiful bar and the outstanding staff. The Rex once again exceeded my expectations and validated to my family why I find this my home away from home when visiting San Francisco.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Steve T
Dustin K, Manager at Hotel Rex San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Hello Steve T,

We are pleased you continue to enjoy your time with us at The Rex and thank you for allowing us to host your family and special guests. We look forward to being your home away from home while you are in San Francisco.

Reviewed November 26, 2015

The room was small but honestly, having more floor space wasn't a concern, we were in San Francisco for the first time and spent most of our time exploring the city. My only complaint would be no indicator for which floor the elevator was on (on the 6th floor anyway... sometimes I had an Uber coming and wasn't sure if I should wait, or if I should run down the stairs) and that my room wasn't very soundproof (I could hear my neighbour upstairs walking around at 5am... which was my wake up time as well, but this might not work out so well for some guests). But overall, I had a lovely stay, the staff was super friendly and didn't seem phased that I kept losing my key card. They were also nice about us leaving our luggage at the hotel for almost an entire day, despite having checked out.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Dustin K, Manager at Hotel Rex San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Greetings 6ix_88,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Hotel Rex. As a smaller property, the main staircase is a great way to get up and down from the guest floors if you are in a rush. I can understand your frustrations regarding the lack of an indicator light and have passed on the concern to seek possible resolutions. Thank you again for staying with us at The Rex.