All reviews castro area muni station brown room other guests host jan hideaway suite breakfast table patio room home away from home every morning private bath breakfast was delicious twin peaks f line restaurants and bars public transportation location was perfect
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn in early October and had a really nice experience. It is clean and well kept, with nice furnishings and a homey feel.

The owner/innkeeper Jan is a lovely man and an excellent cook! He was very gracious with his time, and we could tell that he really loves his city. He told us about local events happening at the time, how to get places, restaurants to try, etc... He was also very accommodating with our very late check-in time, which we much appreciated.

I highly recommend the Inn! If we are ever in San Fran again, we plan to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hideaway room in the basement. It was nice because it had it's own private entrance and a patio out back.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank macuser82
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed in in one of the apartments on Caselli. The apartment was clean, had it's on laundry, open plan living, modern kitchen. The kitchen was stocked with everything you would need to cook for yourself and even entertain. The kitchen was also stocked with basic cooking essentials, eg; salt, pepper, oil etc. The apartment also had it's own little courtyard and free wifi

The area was very safe to walk late at night. It was close to restaurants, shopping, bars and a great supermarket. It was a short walk to the subway, trams and buses. it was close enough to Castro St,3 blocks away, and far enough not to be affected by the noise.

On our arrival, we were given a map and a list of restaurants grouped by price range, we were also advised on things to do. Will defiantly go back and have recommended it to all my friends travelling to San Fran.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cybergreetings
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I had such a lovely stay in the Patio room, which has a garden area and views (patio/garden is shared with one other room). The location is superb, you can walk to just about every neighborhood or hop on muni to get downtown. The room is nicely appointed and has everything you need to be comfortable. I made coffee in the morning and sat out on the patio as the sun came up. Some guests commented on the noise but I have to say I didn't find it noisy at all. I slept with the window cracked open both nights and slept deeply - and I am usually a light sleeper. I loved staying here, it really does feel like "home".

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bklynintl
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed in one of the apartments on Caselli, which is part of Inn on Castro's establishment twice so far (May 09 and September 11) and we are sure we will go back.

The owner Jan makes Inn on Castro (guest rooms and apartments) a very special and pleasant place to stay in beautiful San Francisco. If you want to have your own experience with some independence, the Caselli apartments are ideal. Our apartment was on the ground floor with one bedroom, fully equipped open plan kitchen, nice living and dining area and a lovely secluded patio. There isa TV, DVD, Video and stereo in the apartment. the kitchen equipment are sufficient, well-thought and clean as well as the utensils. Whether you want to enjoy a quick breakfast before you hit SF life or have a quick bite for supper, this open plan kitchen gives you some flexibility.

The location of the apartment is excellent. Just off 18th Street, this apartment is 5 minutes from the Castro and all is offers. There are great bars, restaurants, clubs, supermarket, deli, grocery shops, cafes, dry cleaners, shops... You name it (and i name them in my SF review). The neighbourhood is lovely and very friendly. We were taken how many people were ready to greet and share a small joke with you as you walk around. Castro, as you can imagine, is well linked to the rest of SF with excellent transport links. You are minutes from the MUNI station, the lovely F line trams and buses.

Jan's friendly yet off-hands management is the icing on the cake. He is there to help whenever you need.

I would go back to the Caselli apartment of the Inn on the Castro without a doubt. And we will go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugLDN
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The Inn On Castro is a gem - more of a home from home than just holiday accomodation. At the heart of this experience is Jan, the wonderful host. His welcome, his advice and his breakfasts - more like visiting a friend. Thank you Jan, We won't forget you for a long time

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple