All reviewscastro areamuni stationbrown roomother guestspatio suitehost janhome away from homeevery morningprivate bathbreakfast was delicioustwin peaksbed and breakfastf linerestaurants and barspublic transportationlocation was perfecta wonderful stay
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed at the Inn on Castro beginning september 2011. The rooms are very good, the breakfest is famous and the owner is very friendly and helpfull. For me a way better option then a hotel. And yes, if you want a bathroom for your own, then book a hotel. If you are not affraid to meet other people at the breakfest table: book here. Do not hesitate!! Robert Witlox Amsterdam

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We so enjoyed staying here. Located in the most exciting part of town with loads of amenities & a first class breakfast. We will always stay here when in SF.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Takeitorleave
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn in early October and had a really nice experience. It is clean and well kept, with nice furnishings and a homey feel.

The owner/innkeeper Jan is a lovely man and an excellent cook! He was very gracious with his time, and we could tell that he really loves his city. He told us about local events happening at the time, how to get places, restaurants to try, etc... He was also very accommodating with our very late check-in time, which we much appreciated.

I highly recommend the Inn! If we are ever in San Fran again, we plan to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hideaway room in the basement. It was nice because it had it's own private entrance and a patio out back.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank macuser82
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed in in one of the apartments on Caselli. The apartment was clean, had it's on laundry, open plan living, modern kitchen. The kitchen was stocked with everything you would need to cook for yourself and even entertain. The kitchen was also stocked with basic cooking essentials, eg; salt, pepper, oil etc. The apartment also had it's own little courtyard and free wifi

The area was very safe to walk late at night. It was close to restaurants, shopping, bars and a great supermarket. It was a short walk to the subway, trams and buses. it was close enough to Castro St,3 blocks away, and far enough not to be affected by the noise.

On our arrival, we were given a map and a list of restaurants grouped by price range, we were also advised on things to do. Will defiantly go back and have recommended it to all my friends travelling to San Fran.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cybergreetings
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I had such a lovely stay in the Patio room, which has a garden area and views (patio/garden is shared with one other room). The location is superb, you can walk to just about every neighborhood or hop on muni to get downtown. The room is nicely appointed and has everything you need to be comfortable. I made coffee in the morning and sat out on the patio as the sun came up. Some guests commented on the noise but I have to say I didn't find it noisy at all. I slept with the window cracked open both nights and slept deeply - and I am usually a light sleeper. I loved staying here, it really does feel like "home".

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business